Close

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: JRSC installed

How about "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT DYNO" :D

just kidding, Champ Masters your a real pioneer, keep us updated.

haha whats a modorator? estebones's Avatar
    ahhbso it is carb legal? and is there anything that needs to be altered in the fuel system?
    hm...this JRSC is looking more and more tempting than a turbo...

haha whats a modorator? estebones's Avatar
    oh damn cingrats on the sc! cant wait for pics...may be video? I can host them for you if the other guy doesnt work out for you..:D

Originally posted by estebones
    ahhbso it is carb legal? and is there anything that needs to be altered in the fuel system?
    hm...this JRSC is looking more and more tempting than a turbo...
    yes it's carb legal. As long as you don't go with the race setup from jr...which includes a race header..therefore taking place of the cat.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Wow! Congrats!

I was also wondering the overall install time and complexity.
    Mel

I've read the 55 step installation instructions from jr website, doesn't look like a simple DIY.
    step 29: bending the a/c hose... wtf?

OK guys, I've read through this and my other thread and I will try to answer all the questions I've seen so far:

"How long was the complete install/How complex is the install"?
    The complete install took about 13 hours. However, about 4 of these hours were trying to figure out Jackson Racing's directions and trying to tighten bolts that were almost impossible to get to. I'm sure if I had to do it again it would take about 8 or 9 hours. The install is not really that complex it's basically all just bolting on and connecting hoses and wires. As far as bending the AC pipe goes, they tell you to do this because the neck of the supercharger rubs up against it. I didn't bend the pipe though (bending pipes scares me!) I just wraped the pipe with a piece of rubber hose, so there isn't any metal to metal contact.

Did you dyno before the install?
    Yes, I did do a dyno before hand. With i/h/e I dynoed at 147 HP and 128 Torque at the wheels. I'm also anxious to see the dyno with the supercharger installed.

What are your mods?
    I have an AEM CAI, Comptech 4-2-1 header, Skunk 2 Mega Power Cat-back exhaust, Ground wires, Mugen Thermostat, Spoon thermoswitch, and a Spoon Radiator Cap. Oh I'm also droped on Progress springs with 17's.

What spark plugs are you running?
    I put in Denso Iridium IK22 (one step colder than stock).

Does anything need to be done to the fuel system?
    On the directions, it says to change the fuel filter, however on the new SI you really don't have to. The only filter we have in inside the gas tank, and I wasn't about to mess with that. But I called Jackson and they said they put that on all their directions, but the SI should be fine. You don't need a high flow fuel pump, everything is taken care of by the Jackson Power Card. This supercharger system is a lot more advanced than older versions.

Are you going to upgrade to the Race version or the tunable Hondata?
    No on both counts. It would be fun, but I told myself that after the supercharger, no more engine mods.

How

One thing I forgot to mention, the Hondata Heatshield gasket is NOT compatible with the JRSC. The SC will not mount correctly because the gasket is too thick:(

Originally posted by Champ Masters
    One thing I forgot to mention, the Hondata Heatshield gasket is NOT compatible with the JRSC. The SC will not mount correctly because the gasket is too thick:(
    that's weird, Little Oscar or Doug from Hondata said the two were compatible in the thread about the JRSC.

Thumbs up

Thanks Champ for the additional write up...I really want the JRSC now! I've always been a big fan of Jackson Racing! :)

Thumbs up

Thanks Champ for the additional write up...I really want the JRSC now! I've always been a big fan of Jackson Racing! :)

Are you in CA.? How do you smog it with out the stock intake manifold? Smog nazis reject CAI in CA.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Great post!

How much does the unit usually run for cashwise???
    Mel

Originally posted by Champ Masters
    it'll fit, but it will make you nervous trying to put it on, and I'm sure it was such a tight fit, that you were like, fuck this!

Also, you can always get longer bolts...I know a lot did this with the earlier civics because they felt the same about the hondata gasket not fitting right with the jrsc. Still workable...but I would definitely get longer bolts for it..not sure where to get those...last time I had mine, I bought longer bolts from someone on clubsi know at JR98EX. He was the shit. He had hondata to where he could tune it himself...he knew what he was doing.

Anyway, sound like they did a great job on this JRSC over the past ones. Makes me think twice about what I want to do with my car. I guess the only thing I have to ask is about the belt. Has it slipped at all yet? I'm hoping it doesn't since it's so much thicker than the past ones. Mine would slip a few minutes when I first turned the car on.

Is the rev limit raised with the powercard. When looking at the dyno charts on JR site it looks like its raised to about 7200-7400. Also congrats on the SC and great review :)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information