Close

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JRSC installed

hey champ, I also noticed that there is nothing about the crank pulley being replaced. I looked at the instructions and didn't see anything about it being replaced. did you not have to replace the crank pulley with a jrsc one? That's awsome if you didn't. Also, no modification was necessary for the cai? I bet you're so tired of questions aren't you? :D

Hi Guys,

I'm a CTR driver from the UK and am a newbie to this site!

Very impressed with the site.

Back to subject, does anyone know if the JRSC will fit on the Type-R?

And is there any links to pics of a JRSC on an EP3?

Cheers in advance.

Originally posted by Len-boy
    Hi Guys,

Cheers in advance.
    I don't see why it wouldn't fit. we have the same intake manifold...only think I guess you might run into is the power car, as it's for our si, where as the type r is much different engine wise.

Hi

congratulation for your new setup!

I'm curious to know how did you expect to do on 1/4 miles now with this setup?

I have a stock si and I lived in Canada, my best run on 1/4 miles is 15.76 @ 87 mph.

thank you.

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    I don't see why it wouldn't fit. we have the same intake manifold...only think I guess you might run into is the power car, as it's for our si, where as the type r is much different engine wise.
    I'll speak to Doug at Hondata because I'm sure if you go with the race set-up then I think you can do away with the power card and just get the ECU re-flashed.

I'll speak to Doug at Hondata because I'm sure if you go with the race set-up then I think you can do away with the power card and just get the ECU re-flashed.
    yeah, I'd definitely go with the hondata flash...no worries there :)

O-G
    Hi Guys,

Cheers in advance.

I think the RSX Type S JRSC would be a better suited application for the Type R, rather than the Si JRSC.

Originally posted by CivicGSiR
    I think the RSX Type S JRSC would be a better suited application for the Type R, rather than the Si JRSC.
    not exactly. The pulleys may be different. Since the rsx has a steering belt, where as we don't

ephatch member
    c'mon mike, get one so we can test it out.lol.
    As for the CTR, the Si JRSC is the same. The Ports were purposely made larger to acomidate the type R. Something like that. I'm 99% sure its the same kit.
    It won't be the Type S because the type s is positioned different.
    :D Mike, i'll help ya install it.

Originally posted by boostedsi0813
    c'mon mike, get one so we can test it out.lol.
    As for the CTR, the Si JRSC is the same. The Ports were purposely made larger to acomidate the type R. Something like that. I'm 99% sure its the same kit.
    It won't be the Type S because the type s is positioned different.
    :D Mike, i'll help ya install it.
    LOL, wish I could afford it :D

i read in one of the tuning magazines that the DC5-S and EP3's blowers were mounted differently. since the DC5 has more engine bay room, the blower was mounted traditionally (horizontally) while the EP3's is mounted vertically to save space. i believe this was the reason the EP kit's release was delayed so much because JR had to figure out how to squeeze the thing in there.

Originally posted by Tenacious G
    i read in one of the tuning magazines that the DC5-S and EP3's blowers were mounted differently. since the DC5 has more engine bay room, the blower was mounted traditionally (horizontally) while the EP3's is mounted vertically to save space. i believe this was the reason the EP kit's release was delayed so much because JR had to figure out how to squeeze the thing in there.
    Your right. I helped a friend fit a JRSC into his DC5 (rsx)but although it is the same engine as the EP3, there isn't enough room at the front of the engine bay to accomodate it. Hence the
    y had to "rotate" the charger for the EP3. I don't know of nyone in the UK with a JRSC (plenty of turbos) on their EP3... which is why I want one!!!

Would like to see some pics of an install if anyone can help?

Hi all

Well, I've had the supercharger on for 6 days now and all I can say is WOW!! The car is so much fun to drive, it's unbelievable! The car just keeps feeling better and better. Maybe it's because the ECU is getting used to it, or maybe it's just my imagination. In any case I think the JRSC is money well spent.

Now here's some more answers to some questions:

-As for as the Hondata Heatshield gasket is concerned, I'm almost positive it will not fit with the JRSC. Because of the way the SC is mounted, a solenoid on it is right in front of the thermostat. When you put the heatshield on it pushes the SC out so that this solenoid hits the thermostat and will not mount correctly. I called Jackson Racing and they agreed that it will not fit unless you some how relocate your thermostat.

-I have not encountered any belt slipping whatsoever. I've heard of this happening on older JRSC systems, but as I mentioned this new system is heads and tails above the rest. I've had no problems yet.

-There is no having to replace the crank pulley, thankfully!

-I do not believe that the JR Power Card raised the rev limiter, although I might be mistaken. I'll try it out later today and see where the fuel cuts off at.

-No mods were needed to make the CAI fit. It's not mounted in the exact same position, but it's not so far off as to cause problems. However, I do a little whistling noise sometimes when my intake is sucking up air. Nothing annoying, it just happens now and then.

-As far as quater mile times, I really don't think I'll be taking it to the track, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was running mid 14's now.

Don't worry about asking more questions, I welcome them:D Anything I can do to help people make their install less of a hassle than mine is worth it. Heck that's what being the guinea pig is all about;)

Oh, and I'll be sending Steve from K-series.com my pics this evening, so he'll probably post when he's got them up.

Later

A dyno run/track visit would be nice, just to see the gains. But it's
    your car (duh). ;)

Do you feel the clutch slipping at all? Is it too easy to spin the
    tires? Seems like a lot of people running turbos need a clutch or
    want an lsd, I'm just curious if running the SC would put you in the
    same sort of situation.

Haven't felt the clutch slip yet.
    You can fry the tires in first, second and part of third, but only if you absolutely pound it.
    Other than that, the car gets up and out when you want it to.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information