Close

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: JRSC installed

Mate, it sounds like you're running a dream

As soon as I've finished the facelift on the exterior of my CTR then it's JRSC here I come. A little worried about how tight the instal is though - I think I'll be pestering you with LOTS of questions when I get round to fitting.

Out of interest, what are you guys paying for the JRSC and where from?

Thanks,

Len

Thanks Len :)

I paid about $3000 for the system through Moss Motorsports. If you have any questions about ordering call Jackson Racing and ask for Oscar. He's a good guy that goes the extra mile to help you out.

Don't worry I'm sure the install will go smooth for you, and anything I can do to help, just let me know. A supercharged CTR, now that is something I would like to see, best of luck!!

Originally posted by Champ Masters
    H

-As far as quater mile times, I really don't think I'll be taking it to the track, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was running mid 14's now.

I'd hope you'd be atleast in the mid\low 14s with a freakin supercharger. hopefully high\mid 13s:D

What about smog?

Supercharged JDM CTR early '04 if all goes to plan

What sort of 1/4 mile times are you guys getting on the standard Si?

My UK spec CTR gets 14.9 ish at around 99mph.

With supercharger I would expect to be pushing the early 13's

Originally posted by Len-boy
    Supercharged JDM CTR early '04 if all goes to plan

What sort of 1/4 mile times are you guys getting on the standard Si?

My UK spec CTR gets 14.9 ish at around 99mph.

With supercharger I would expect to be pushing the early 13's
    We get about a full second slower than you on the 1040 stock. It takes i/h/e and some good rubber to see low 15's high 14's.

Vendor
    question...if you got the RACE setup, it comes with the header and the high flow cat right? so if you get the car smoged, can't you just put back your cat and everything will be dandy?

Originally posted by ViViDPeArL
    question...if you got the RACE setup, it comes with the header and the high flow cat right? so if you get the car smoged, can't you just put back your cat and everything will be dandy?
    the race setup comes with their race header which replaces the downpipe/cat...you could easily just swap back on your stock header and downpipe/cat to get your car checked and be fine, because the street setup is CARB legal.

I talked to the guys at Jackson Racing and got some info about the Race version for our car. It's not just the Race header that makes the system not pass smog, it's also the fuel mapping and larger injectors. So even if you don't have a Race header, you would still have to switch out your injectors and ECU to pass smog. Also, the system does not come with the Race header, it just comes with larger injectors and a Hondata reflash.

any idea about when the race version would be released and what the apprx. cost is going to be for the upgrade and the straight purchase price?

Sorry, they still couldn't give me a date on the race version, but the said that the complete system would cost around $4000, or about $1000 to upgrade from the street version.

not too bad, thanks for all the great info! :)

I talked to the guys at Jackson Racing and got some info about the Race version for our car. It's not just the Race header that makes the system not pass smog, it's also the fuel mapping and larger injectors. So even if you don't have a Race header, you would still have to switch out your injectors and ECU to pass smog. Also, the system does not come with the Race header, it just comes with larger injectors and a Hondata reflash.
    that totally kills me...supposedly hondata had no dyno numbers for the race setup....hence why I was asking about the race setup dyno numbers on jr site. hondata stated that wasn't theirs....that's one confusing issue right there :D

Question

just a couple of questions here from me. what kind of reliability are you expecting from the kit. i wouldnt mind getting it a while from now, but as of right now i have 15K left on my warranty, would it be a big risk to totally kill off my warranty before its up at 36K. oh, shoot, i had another question, but forgot it. if there is any more info that you might be able to add, just put it ikn there. but, reliability ius the big thing, since this is my daily driver, and i take road trips alot.

Also, the system does not come with the Race header, it just comes with larger injectors and a Hondata reflash.
    well that's retarded. why did they release preliminary dyno numbers of the race version with the race header? simply to inflate their numbers?

it would be nice if a Jackson Racing representative could check up on us every now and then to answer these questions.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information