Close

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Creaking sounds

OMG!!!

Your 'creaking coffin' description sums my problem up perfectly. The dealership I'm bugging to fix my car said it was my mounts, but your description is EXACTLY what I notice.

The dealership says I have 'worn' mounts, but I've checked them all out and they look fine.

I'm wondering if my problem may lie in the steering column also!

Do you feel a weird 'feedback' through your steering wheel and/or clutch pedal?

Have you noticed this noise with the clutch in while going over a bump?

This noise has been getting at lot worse. At first I'd only hear it in first gear. Now, 2 weeks later, I hear in 1st through 4th gear, at low RPMS.

Tell me I'm on the right track here! And what exactly is wrong with the steering column? What is this 'design flaw?'

pappaljf:
    Yes, I get slight vibration through the steering wheel when the creak is heard. As for the clutch, I do not like to engage it going over bumps, so I cannot comment, but the problem is definetly not clutch related. I have 24,500 miles on the odometer and have been hearing the sound for the last 1000 miles or so. The creak is definitely getting worse. What is weird is that I do not hear the creak when the car is cold (near freezing temps). But after driving about a mile, the sound is heard with every take off and most stops. Try driving your car for about an hour straight, and let me know how it sounds then. Try taking off from a stop on a hill, if you want to hear a good creak.

My comment about design flaw is only speculation. But, the number of creaking complaints is growing. If your dealership cannot fix the problem, call Honda America and complain.

I have been driving sport compact cars (VW, Acura, Hyundai, now Honda) for 24 years, and have had 7 new cars during that time. I refuse to be told that the sound is "normal". If there is a fix coming, I pray that it is a permanent one. I still love my Si despite the numerous problems I've had.

You're definately right about driving time. The longer the trip, the more I begin to notice the noise. Also, starting out uphill seems to really emphasize the noises also.

I'm taking the car to honda tommorrow and demanding they check out the steering rack. They're blowing smoke up my ass with these motor mounts.

I've never heard this noise while in reverse, have you?

Are you noticing low-quality shifts or any other problems?

work then mod
    Okay here's my contribution. I'm dreading taking my si to the fucktards at honda for this and a heat/ac switch problem. My 03 has 3400k on it and on slow starts in 1st there is an audible "creak" that seems to develop right around the passenger side door/wheel area. It is only there on acceleration. :p Any ideas what the hell this is related to?

i am having the same problem.i noticed it on thanksgiving and it has got progressively worse.i took it to the dealership that friday and they told me it was my after market exhaust.i was like how in the hell would my exhaust give feed back though the clutch pedal.they said they don't know.well the bastards are going to fix my car if they got to go through and check every single part on the car.

All along i thought my clutch was fucked up. You guys described exactly what I have as well. Hope someone finds the answer.

I-Werks:

I too originally thought this was a clutch problem. The noise seems to come right at the same point of clutch engagement in low gears, correct?

The dopes at Honda seem unable to fix this. Should I go to a private mechanic, pay him $50, and tell him to figure out what's wrong?

Interesting, my SiR is close to 24K and my problem just started. Probably just a coincidence.

I sure hope I don't have to replace the steering rack, I just hate the thought of Honda or anyone changing the whole thing...this is baaaaaaad!

Yes, I'm at 24,700 and the problems have just started also.

This can't be conincidence

I'm going yell at my dealership.

List of US Honda technical service bulletins:

Tech Bulletins - Click Me

#12 looks like it may be related???

Well it looks like I've had #5, 12, 18, and 22.

EKON:(

I'm getting the same problem but it sounds like a couple knocking sounds. I got the dealer to grease my clutch but that hasn't fixed the slight creaking noises i hear when I light push the clutch pedal.
    I noticed that if I start at low rpms i get a couple knocking sounds,
    exactly from the driver side underneath the dash.

I also get a squeak when driving as fast as 60mph. It almost sounds like it's coming right behind the steering wheel. This shit is about to get on my last nerve. Honda fucked up when they made this car.

No need to panic here, check out other cars like BMW's, VW's, Fords, Dodge.....and so on, they have way more then our cars do.

Lexus

BMW

Chevrolet

And the list goes on.

Spidey:

The clutch noise you are describing is a seperate issue. I believe the clutch master cylinder needs to be replaced.

The noises (I believe...) that we are describing are coming from behind the dash/engine bay.

Right guys?!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information