Close

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Creaking sounds

creaking/popping/binding noises from the front end when driving slowing or backing up slowly while turning the wheel/ quote

Are you guys lowered and making this noise? If so you need to grease the cap that sits on the top of the spring. That is what causes the poping noise and vibration through the wheel. This is because when you turn the wheel the suspension turns also. If there is no lubercant on the cap on top of the spring it will pop due to the friction. Put some thick guppie grease o it like axle grease and this should solve the problem.

I-werks, your and my problem isn't related to steering wheel position, correct? This problem is really obvious under straight-line acceleration.

do you all get the creaking noise when you let off the gas ,but keep a little pressure on the gas?the creaking plus ametal rubbing sound is what i get.thought it was the mounts but i checked them and they are fine.i don't know what it is but is really bothering me.right now i'm leaning towards it being something to do with the brakes.there is a thread about a service bulletin from honda about the 02 brakes.i don't know ,but it is really getting on my nerves.i'm affraid to drive fastthinking it might cause stress on what ever the problem is.if anyone finds anything out let us know asap.thanks
    Last edited by bc2k20a3; 12-09-2003 at 03:41 AM.

Originally posted by pappaljf
    I-werks, your and my problem isn't related to steering wheel position, correct? This problem is really obvious under straight-line acceleration.
    Mine is! My four corners all creak. I assume it is something within the shock and strut assemblies. Also happens on hard stops.

My clutch pedal has the clicking/creaking problem, silicone grease fixed that for like 2 days. I also have the creaking strut assembly. Mine wheel creaks a little when I turn my wheel. I didn't use goppy grease when I put on my springs, used spray lihtium grease, big mistake. It was my understanding that the stearing creaks when you lower your car as a result of improper alignment of the tie-rod.

Seems that we now have at least 2 threads on this one. Moderators, can you possibly combine them to make it easier to get to the bottom of this.

Believe it or not, I have problem with both but the sound is different for each and comes from a different area.
    When it's the sound from the steering it's like rubber rubbing against rubber and I can feel it on the steering wheel when i turn it.
    When it's the straight line acceleration, it's like a creaking noise when I'm letting off the clutch.

Everyone:

We're all at ~25k miles right?

fuck honda, my shit is creaking like a bitch in the mornings, god its fucking annoying, i took that fucking si in at 24,000 miles, 30,000, 36,000 they couldnt find anything wrong, now my warrenty is up, i wonder if its still covered because i reported the problem prior to the warrenty being up and they couldnt resolve it.

anyways pisses me off i can't wait for my new suspension. die honda die!

ok i love my honda.

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    Everyone:

Heh, I'm at 33,000mi now and was at about 31,000mi when it started...

Eric

Everyone:

about to hit 30k on mine

I'm at 35k, mine started at 31k and became MUCH more noticeable when I lowered the car 800 miles ago.

edit: I don't think the recent snow we had made it any worse.
    Last edited by sleepin02si; 12-13-2003 at 08:24 AM.

23k. and yes i have this issue:(

Im at 40k and have this issue. Has gotten worse with the big snow storm we had. Im not lowered. It started a while ago just when the car was cold but now its all the time i go over bumps. Sounds like the steering is just gonna fall out. I dont know what to do.

Originally posted by labelhunter
    Im at 40k and have this issue. Has gotten worse with the big snow storm we had. Im not lowered. It started a while ago just when the car was cold but now its all the time i go over bumps. Sounds like the steering is just gonna fall out. I dont know what to do.
    You are not lowered, and are having this problem. Man take her in, no matter the cost. Could be something small, that could grow to be much worse. Who knows :(

haha whats a modorator? estebones's Avatar
    very interesting thread..

I have an 02 si with 9990 something miles on it and I am having the same creaking on the clutch. I should be taking my car in this comng Monday but we'll se what transpires from it. not too thrilled with honda's customer service as it is.
    and the worse part is that Im not even droppes I have some 16 inch rims and some 240/45/16 tires, I am planning on dropping the car but witha ll this going on, im having second thoughts.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information