Close

Thread: closing hood

Question closing hood

does anyone have trouble closing the hood? this may seem stupid, but the latch doesnt really want to hold it in place....so u have to slam it really hard or something? i was at the dealer the other day and just left it up. couldnt get it to close and i didnt want to go around slamming new cars.

just wondering if there is some trick way to do this like the gas doors. that is all.

-alex

I know what you mean. The hoods are a little tempermental, and they don't close as well as previous models. Unfortunately, I know no other way of closing them.

ephatch member
    i know what you mean too-gotta drop the hood from like a foot above the latch for it to close right

Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
    i know what you mean too-gotta drop the hood from like a foot above the latch for it to close right
    Yep, just drop it from about 1-2 feet above the latch.

yeah... since our hoods are shorter.. they're not as heavy. and you can't just put it on top and push on it like you normally woudl do for other cars. even in the manual it says. lift it 30cm. then drop it. when i first got it. i was all pissed cuz it wouldn't close hahahaha. but now it's all good

same problem here:

get a 10mm and loosen the 3 bolts that hold the latch to the front cross member. slide the latch up about 2-5mm and retighten.

I use to have to drop the hood a foot from the latch now it only take 4-5 inches of drop to shut her.

Originally posted by B18CXr
    same problem here:

get a 10mm and loosen the 3 bolts that hold the latch to the front cross member. slide the latch up about 2-5mm and retighten.

I use to have to drop the hood a foot from the latch now it only take 4-5 inches of drop to shut her.
    dude i'm gonna try that. thanks for the info. i usually drop it like a foot or so above for it to lock.

but yeah when i first got my car and showed it to people i was always embarrased because they always wanted to see the engine and back then i didn't know i had to drop it from all high. so afterwards i'd keep trying to push down on the thing for like 5 minutes man. and they'd just be watching me, probably laughing in their heads.

I'm glad i wasnt the only one worrying about that. :) made me feel kinda stupid. lol

i know i know, old thread, but did anyone find out a better way? im used to dropping the hood, but is there someway that we can close it like normal cars???? i did it ONCE but i had to really force it down
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
    haha yes. i hate doing that but oh well

I thought dropping it WAS closing it like a normal car. Thats the way Ive done it on every car I have had.

i've never had the problem... drop it from like 6 inches and it closes nice. however, i have a very tempremental gas door. i have to pull the lever like 8 times, i feel like i'm going to brake the lever trying to get it open. i don't get it. is there a trick i need to know about?

i have the same problem.. my gas door doesn't open.. sometimes i sit there for 5 minutes just clicking th elever.. it pisses me off.. and im too lazy to take it in, plus, can't afford the downtime :T

gas door

I fixed mine the first time I was at the gas station with the gas light on and the door would not open. I pulled the lever and the attendand opened it. I squeezed the striker on the door to bend it in a little. Worked since!

Thread Information