Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    ephatch member

Spoiler Depot or Renova?

hey i was just wondering which is better quality and is better for the money, i'm thinking of getting the replica type-r wing, but i dunno which is better i know renova is cheaper but spoiler depot already comes painted. any opinions??

Late Night IL E-thug BlackSi613nin's Avatar

or...

why dont you just the JDM type R spoiler, you already got the rest of the JDM kit, why not complete it?

looks the same but cheaper =o)

uhm....depends on what kind of deal you can get it painted for. i think someone calculated that if you could get paint for like 150 than renova is a better deal. but if you are gonna pay 160(shipped) PLUS a 200-300 dollar paint job just go with spoiler depot.

also a plus about the renova path (im pro-renova) if you arent satisfied with the paintjob, you can make a little ruckus at the shop that you are getting it painted at and make sure their workmanship is 100%...whereas if you got it shipped, its just more of a hassle if you find an error
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

I bought the renova one and I am very happy with it. I am not positive but I thought the spoiler depot wing came with a clear led light :p and the renova one comes with the red one. I would look into that. I am not 100 percent though. :)

Sweet! I would love a clear one... i think that would look sick up against the black car...

I'm not sure about the Spoiler Depot one, but the Renova DID come w/ a red led.

ephatch member
    See i was thinking of going with Renova too...cause for my sideskirts to get painted they were $150 for both, and since the wing is so much smaller compared to the sideskirts i'm guessing it should be more than a $100 to paint.

spoilerdepot wing has red brake led lens. comes painted or primered and fits well (at least mine did).

ephatch member
    so which is a better way to go??? renova? or spoiler depot?

Im going to end up ordering from spoiler depot because I've had good experience with them in the past and having to get something painted is such a hassle. Id rather spend a few bucks more and be able to put it on right there instead of having to search out a reputable shop that won't screw me over.

I got mine from Spoilerdepot.com and it's pretty good. I went with them since they have a $100 option to get it painted so I went with that.

Here are a couple of pics:

Before

After

ephatch member
    yeah that's true...having a spoiler sent to you painted is one of the greatest ideas. And i agree on that not going through the hassle of getting it painted. This shop i go to, doesn't give bad prices, and also renova doesn't even have a credit card machine?? you have to go through paypal or money order, that's why i have second thoughts about them. anyways how's the quality on those spoiler depots spoiler?? no modifications required at all??

i bet if you call them they will take a credit card =o) just go renova if you can get it painted for 100
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Oh yeah, how would I wire the brake light to work? Is it simple? Would i have to take it somewhere and get it done? Thanks for your help!

It says I have to drill... How tough is that to do? Simple? Im a lil afraid... My dad just wants to know how to install it...
    Last edited by Brettnyt; 12-10-2003 at 07:45 PM.

Originally posted by Brettnyt
    Oh yeah, how would I wire the brake light to work? Is it simple? Would i have to take it somewhere and get it done? Thanks for your help!

It says I have to drill... How tough is that to do? Simple? Im a lil afraid... My dad just wants to know how to install it...
    You don't have to drill any holes with the renova wing I am not sure about the spoiler depot but you do have to sand down the bottom of the wing to make it fit right. And then you have to cover the holes with fiberglass. All of the tools and supplies that you need can be bought at Home Depot. As far as the wiring goes you just cut the fatory brake light wire(there are only two wires a positive and ground wire) and connect the wire from the type r wing to that. It is pretty simple.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information