Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by Gasp23
    The Spoiler Depot you do need to make a drill hole. I was afraid too when I did it. The whole thing is super simple.

Drill the hole and put the wire through the gomit and snap the wires together and it will be done. No modifications needed for the the wing.
    i didn't drill a hole when i installed mine. i used one of the existing holes after i put a rubber grommet in there... i just ended up using one less bolt...

Go with Renova, why? Cuz I got one, fits good, not great, but good. It came primed, but I had to do some sanding, the primer wasn't.....even all through out. One side of the spoiler didnt touch the glass, but that is all fixed now. I just screwed the bolt tighter, hehe.

Alright, here is my reason of getting Renova, or your reason to get it from there. It doesn't come painted, but you can always find somewhere that does. Maybe for alittle more than what spoiler depot is charging for it to come painted, but the paint shop could install it for you also. I heard the paint job/color from Spoiler Depot's spolier isn't dead on, alittle off. If you get a shop to do it, if it doesn't look right, complain. If the spoiler doesn't touch the glass, tell them to sand it. Don't leave till you're happy.

THE END.

Originally posted by raiyo
    Go with Renova, why? Cuz I got one, fits good, not great, but good. It came primed, but I had to do some sanding, the primer wasn't.....even all through out. One side of the spoiler didnt touch the glass, but that is all fixed now. I just screwed the bolt tighter, hehe.

Alright, here is my reason of getting Renova, or your reason to get it from there. It doesn't come painted, but you can always find somewhere that does. Maybe for alittle more than what spoiler depot is charging for it to come painted, but the paint shop could install it for you also. I heard the paint job/color from Spoiler Depot's spolier isn't dead on, alittle off. If you get a shop to do it, if it doesn't look right, complain. If the spoiler doesn't touch the glass, tell them to sand it. Don't leave till you're happy.

THE END.
    go spoilerdepot... great finish (paint match on white is dead on) and fit on mine. no sanding or painting. just install - it's not hard... just get a friend to help put and hold it in place while tightening the crosstipped screws. the wiring is pretty easy too - just use the clips that come with it.

Originally posted by glw
    go spoilerdepot... great finish (paint match on white is dead on) and fit on mine. no sanding or painting. just install - it's not hard... just get a friend to help put and hold it in place while tightening the crosstipped screws. the wiring is pretty easy too - just use the clips that come with it.
    paint matched huh? not for silver it didn't. not sure who it was, but the paint didnt match all that well. maybe for white or black it is dead on, but not for other colors.

ephatch member
    Waiting on signing up for paypal? so it is easy to put on the Renova one??

Originally posted by raiyo
    paint matched huh? not for silver it didn't. not sure who it was, but the paint didnt match all that well. maybe for white or black it is dead on, but not for other colors.
    I've seen the blue from spoiler depot, it was a perfect match, I still bought the renova wing though...

ephatch member
    blaCKout are you satisfied with your wing from renova??? how's the fitting??

Originally posted by JaYdEeEm
    blaCKout are you satisfied with your wing from renova??? how's the fitting??
    actually it should be here wednesday, another guy I know has it and got a good paint job, so I'll go where he went, he said he didnt modify his, looks flawless to me...hope mine is the same.

ephatch member
    I think it is crazy to buy a pre-painted wing.. the paint has to be blended to the color of your car.. colors on every car are going to be a little different.. i think its a cardinal sin to buy a pre-painted anything..

Originally posted by Vivid-Cruz
    I think it is crazy to buy a pre-painted wing.. the paint has to be blended to the color of your car.. colors on every car are going to be a little different.. i think its a cardinal sin to buy a pre-painted anything..
    you should really take a look at the one i got then... great match and no orange peel - just smooth and glossy. they did a great job. maybe tafetta white is just easy!

ephatch member
    oh blackout how much you pay for the the wing shipped?

oh blackout how much you pay for the the wing shipped?
    $165 shipped off ebay, I probably could have got it for $99 plus shipping($45) but I used the buy it now button so I wouldnt miss out.

Originally posted by blackout
    actually it should be here wednesday, another guy I know has it and got a good paint job, so I'll go where he went, he said he didnt modify his, looks flawless to me...hope mine is the same.
    yeah -- thats me -- 160 shipped + 160 to paint it.... and they did a rockin job... matches exactly... no problems with the fit... Also, I didnt drill a hole, I used an existing hole and used 1 less bolt...

it rattles now and then ... just gonna tighten it every once in a while ... not all at once though cause I dont want to strip out the bolt thread.

ephatch member
    wow!? $160 to paint?? that is really expensive. i hope you didn't just paint that.

wow!? $160 to paint?? that is really expensive. i hope you didn't just paint that.
    Nah, $160 isnt expensive for prep, painting spoiler.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information