Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ephatch member

Unhappy Dings All over!!

I am new to this forum and the the ep. I have had my car for about a month now and have already gotten 3 dings!! I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good way to remove the dings manualy or is it just best to go to the local body shop and have them do it? Thanks for any of your suggestions. :)

Paintless dent removal.
    Look in your yellow pages.
    I have about 4 I need to get done, but i'm waiting till spring cuz i'll prolly get a couple more by then.

Yeah, check in your phone book for some paintless dent removal... Or just change your user name... ;)

Registered User SuperRacerTypeR's Avatar
    yea i got a big dent and couple small dings from stupid people opening their car at the mall, but luckily i found a place in the yellow page "paintless dent remove" they removed my dent for $70. and its a big one too. u might want to check it out:)

yeah this is the worst part about driving a adaily driver you actually like and care about, im thinking about waiting til the spring throwing a kit on and painting the whole thing, mad dough tho.

I'm just greatful I haven't gotten any yet

yea...im thinking about using dent pro to get mine out. Good luck!

dont those dents really make your car look stupid?
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Originally posted by Brettnyt
    Or just change your user name... ;)
    darn it..i was just about that post that...

Originally posted by justinlee0109
    darn it..i was just about that post that...
    yeah but you were already a month too late:D

I know I have at least 6 and counting there are 3 really noticible ones all right next to my door handle... if i ever catch one of these people ...

ephatch member
    Thanks everyone for giving me some good advice on fixing my dent/dings. I still have yet to get them done because I went to the Dent Wizard and they gave me an estimate of about 400$$$$!!!! The person that inspected my car found 2 dings I didnt even know I had! All of this was overwhelming so I backed off from getting them done. In the next few months I should be ding/dent free.

-matt

Happy Racing

just me and my ep.. justifiedSi's Avatar
    im a paint vendor for many new/used car dealers and i work around alot of paintless dent removal companies. be careful because they will drill holes in the inside of your doors or hatch.. just about anywhere to get to a dent. they just plug them up with silicone or a black type plug scary IMO pisses me off everytime i see it done. Dent wizard is just about the only company i've seen that has used numerous other way to pull a ding.. then just get ur drill out right away. I recommend dent wizard.

Originally posted by DingDong02Si
    Thanks everyone for giving me some good advice on fixing my dent/dings. I still have yet to get them done because I went to the Dent Wizard and they gave me an estimate of about 400$$$$!!!! The person that inspected my car found 2 dings I didnt even know I had! All of this was overwhelming so I backed off from getting them done. In the next few months I should be ding/dent free.

-matt

Happy Racing
    just wait til you get the dough up and do it, if you plan on keep ing it a while then you can wait til the paint gets shabby and get the whole thing painted like 3-4years from now, custom with a kit or something, thats what im thinking about doing

I have one thats only noticeable at a big angle. Will probley have it removed b4 show season.

Originally posted by justifiedSi
    im a paint vendor for many new/used car dealers and i work around alot of paintless dent removal companies. be careful because they will drill holes in the inside of your doors or hatch.. just about anywhere to get to a dent. they just plug them up with silicone or a black type plug scary IMO pisses me off everytime i see it done. Dent wizard is just about the only company i've seen that has used numerous other way to pull a ding.. then just get ur drill out right away. I recommend dent wizard.
    is that how they do it? I never heard of this drilling method before, I just thought they remove the panel and work on it from behind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information