Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by fsugatorbait
    Im runnin a 12w7 in a 1.75 cubic ft sealed box powered by their 500/1 amp. Its MORE than enough for the hatch, you can feel the air in the car being moved when its turned up, almost feels like a draft, absolutely insane. It rattles the beer bottles in my kitchen which is about 50 feet away. I could only imagine how loud it would be with their 1000/1 amp.

EDIT: The prices on that website are ridiculously over-priced for all the JL stuff. MUCH better prices on ebay.
    SICK!!!!! I have GOT to get me one of these!!!

I had an Eclipse aluminum 12" in the back that thing weighed my car down to much. I have three 8's in the back now and rocks. Not as powerful but accurate and has a great sound

hehe

I am running a Resonant Engineering HC 12 (www.respl.com) off of a DEI 1100d... can we say motion sickness? Still tweaking some odd sounds and rattles out, but most bass heavy tracks will cause my rearview mirror to point straight up... not bad for only paying $250 for the sub ;-)

-=speck=-

ephatch member

Re: hehe

Originally posted by Speck
    I am running a Resonant Engineering HC 12 (www.respl.com) off of a DEI 1100d... can we say motion sickness? Still tweaking some odd sounds and rattles out, but most bass heavy tracks will cause my rearview mirror to point straight up... not bad for only paying $250 for the sub ;-)

-=speck=-
    Good choice in subs, I heard those subs pound for the money. I am waiting to get the money to build a new system I plan on running a single Adire Brahma 10" fo more info check out http://www.adireaudio.com/

I used to be a JL Audio fan but I think for half the price you can get a better sub. Just my opinion though before you attack me.

well

No attack from me, take it from someone who was a JL hound too. I learned my lesson :) The brahma is SICK nasty!!! That baby Brahma made me ill in the Dodge Neon I heard it in, it was REALLY low.

Yeah, that HC is nasty :) I love it, especially when I tell people to try and lift it. I ain't gonna be racing with it back there, that's for sure!

-=speck=-

ephatch member
    Yeah I had a video with a Astro van with 12 Brahma 15's in it and It hit around 172db. Although I just want a single 10 powered by a JBL 600.1 amp. I know the sub could probebly handle a JBL 1200.1, but I am not that much of a basehead. I need to check more into the RC though I hear a lot of good things about it.

mmm.. homer simpson lips davidc81's Avatar
    not to post jack, but my 3 favorite subs of all time

stroker 18
    pg cyclone
    alumapro m16

what do you guys think? :shockm:

hmm

That stroker is a beast, and if looks could kill.... actually, I think that thing IS a weapon

Anyone know a good setup (Subs and Amps) for around $600-$700... I was looking to get 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 RFD2110 Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer for $100 a piece, but I want something that POUNDS... I want my nieghbors to complain when I 5 miles from my house... Any ideas?? I'm triying to stay with 2 10"s or either 1 or 2 12"s

My recommendation:

1 - 12" RE HC (www.respl.com You can get them used on forum.sounddomain.com for around $200)

1 - DEI 1100d (or similar. Again, check forum.sounddomain.com. Cost: around $250 or so)

1 - Vented box built to specs. Check forum.sounddomain.com for a builder. Cost: Around $130.

Believe me: one GREAT sub will beat 2 ok subs anyday of the week.

-=speck=-

Originally posted by HondaDOHC161822
    Anyone know a good setup (Subs and Amps) for around $600-$700... I was looking to get 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 RFD2110 Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer for $100 a piece, but I want something that POUNDS... I want my nieghbors to complain when I 5 miles from my house... Any ideas?? I'm triying to stay with 2 10"s or either 1 or 2 12"s
    hmmm... this is one of my favorite questions! i would have to say a phoenix gold tantrum 1200.1 on an elemental design 15a or phoenix gold 15" titanium in a ported box, i would say tuned to around 45hz. with that amp (1400+ w rms), you have enough power to add another 15 if you'ed like! that should be enough to make your ears bleed. many people will be haters and will tell u that its impossible to fit 2 15's in the back of an ep or that there is no reason for that much bass, well, they just dont understand!

2 15's in the back.... just thinking about it, my stomach is queasy :) LOL! I would like to hear what that is like sometimes. :)

-=speck=-

I think Imma go with a 10w7 or a 12w7 and a 500/1... Its a little more than I would like to spend, but I think it's worth it... What do you guys think??

Originally posted by HondaDOHC161822
    I think Imma go with a 10w7 or a 12w7 and a 500/1... Its a little more than I would like to spend, but I think it's worth it... What do you guys think??
    thats a good setup, if you like gear thats exteremely overpriced. you're also gonna need a bigger amp than the 500/1 for those subs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information