Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I picked up a 10w7 and had Tweeter build a mdf box thats lined in resin for rigidity. Its about 1.0 cu. ft. and is like a freakin brick its so solid and heavy. Sound quality is good, very tight and it goes very low. This is the 2nd box as the first one didn't fit the trunk well. The previous box was bigger and as it was alittle louder it sounded to boomy in the 60hz range. Heres a link with a pic of the sub and box.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/367399

I've heard nothin but good reviews about the 10w7 as well as the Brahmas so with either one i don't think you can go wrong. I just picked the w7 cause i had a hookup at tweeter :)

Bottom line, unless you have a hookup to get a great deal.. getting the W7 is just too much cash. You are paying 3x the cost for the brand name.

-=speck=-

It dont matter to me... Price did matter, but I want the best and I want the best the first time... What amp should I get to power the 12w7.... i want all JL Audio...

sigh

sigh... the best is not the JL W7... but... if you insist...

you would want a 1000w amp for that sub.

-=speck=-

Not to sound like your parents or whatever but do you realize how loud a 12w7 with 1000watts is, especially in a hatchback? The 1000/1 is very conservitively rated, its more like 1300watts atleast. My 500/1 thats pushing the 10w7 speced out to over 700 watts. With this setup it simply overpowers my 300/4 that powers the rest of my speakers and is just alot of bass which is why my sub volume control is set at -11. But i guess its a personal choice, my reccomendation though if your about sound quality is a 10w7 w/ a 500/1 and save the extra cash for a sweet set of front components, like focal utopias or the top of the line bostons or whatever your taste is. Again all this is just my opinion. But good luck to you whichever you choose as all the mentioned so far will sound awesome :)

Originally posted by HondaDOHC161822
    What amp should I get to power the 12w7.... i want all JL Audio...
    Im going the same route. I have the 500/1 with the 12w7 and its just ridiculous the amount of bass in a little hatch. Ive also got the JL 300/4 runnin JL XR 2 way components up front and soon to be JL XR 3 way in the back.

Well Imma get a 10W7 with a 500/1 amp... should i get a different amp... I have seen a lot of people running the 10w7 with the 500/w so i thought it was a pretty good setup

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    Originally posted by HondaDOHC161822
    Well Imma get a 10W7 with a 500/1 amp... should i get a different amp... I have seen a lot of people running the 10w7 with the 500/w so i thought it was a pretty good setup
    are you saying your getting a JL 500/1 amp? if so, that should be fine to push the 10w7...

or...like i say to alot of people on here, have you thought about the 12w6v2? its a great alternative to the very expensive w7....

then you can put that jl 500/1 to good work! :)

What are you pushing in your trunk... ilove that box.... u make it yourself... I want a custom box like that

W7 is better :p

j/p man:)

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    naaah your right fsugatorbait....a w7 is better then my w6v2...its gravy i dont care...but the enclosure is just nasty...

right now i only have 1 500watt sony amp going to it, and another sony amp powering my bostons....yeah i know, they arent the best of amps...but they are pre-junk sony amps...they do the job til i got more loot to put into my system....i did the enclosure with a family friend that is a master installer....it took a good 16 hours to make...he thought up the design if there is anything i love the most about my car is the enclsure...its not too fancy, yet its something that catches your eye ya kno...and if i want to i can put a 12w7 in there, just re adjust the guts....

here is the other side of my enclosure

anymore questions holla! :)

I love it... Its one one the nicest I have seen... Im trying to get something liek that made... Something simple but nice and sounds good... Imma go with SubZone Enclosure for now, till I get the money for a custom install like yours

I have another quick question... What is the difference in speaker and component speaker for the car? and which ones should I get?

yo E, what are you runnin for speakers?

Do you have anymore pics of the enclosure... After I get my system installed me and my friends are going to try it... lol...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information