Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: falken ze-502

falken ze-502

ok, i'm getting tires for x-mas. so what do you all think i should get.

i was looking at the falken's in 225/50/15, would that fit. i want something that handles well in the rain and some snow/ice. also, i was thinking about going with either the 215 or 225 to get rid of some of the wheel gap that my car has. so any good suggestions for tires in that size range?

or what about the Yokohama Avid H4's are those good tires?
    Last edited by sterlingSi; 12-15-2003 at 12:31 AM.

pleeeease . . . i need tires soon!

The ZE-502 are terrible. Awful in the snow and very bad in the rain. Dry is average. Keep looking.

Running 225 wide tires on 6" wide rims isn't too smart. It will also do nothing for changing your wheel gap.

thanks for the info. i meant to put 205/(60 or 55)/15 with the Bridgestone Potenza RE950's. or should i just go ahead and get the OEM fitment of 195/60/15. I believe the RE950's or the Yokohama Avid H4/V4 would be my choices. Obviously though the Potenza's are the best choice from what i've read.

Size depends on what you're looking for. The speedo in our cars is way off with the stock 195/60s (2-3mph off on the highway). Going with 205/55s would make it even worse. It'd probably read about 4mph high on the highway. 205/60s would make it read only 1mph high. In that size, I'd go with the AVS dB S2.

Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse
    The ZE-502 are terrible. Awful in the snow and very bad in the rain. Dry is average. Keep looking.

Running 225 wide tires on 6" wide rims isn't too smart. It will also do nothing for changing your wheel gap.

the ziex are VERY Good int he rain.. dunno where u got ur info.

my only problem with the AVS DB S2 is that the only sizes in my range are 195/65/15 and 205/60/15
    would the 205/60/15 be ok?

also, the at all the places i have read reviews at online the Potenza RE950 has recieved more positive reviews than the AVS DB S2.

i live in kentucky where the snow doesn't get as bad north of me but the roads do tend to be unkempt also i drive on many country roads in the rain.

so now i have narrowed it down to the RE950's, AVS DB S2's, and the AVID H4/V4's, but no one has really commented on the quality of the Avid H4/V4 line.

Um, I used to own a set of ZE-502s. They are garbage. If you don't know any better, than I'm sure that they would seem okay. I've owned Advan Neovas, T1-S's, RE71s, ZE-502s, ECSTA Supra 712s, P7000 Summers, PZero Neros, etc.

The biggest problem with the RE950 is that it's old technology and H-rated. If you're not looking for a performance tire, why not get a set of Nokian WRs? They'll be much better in the rain and snow than any other tire mentioned.

i would go with Potenza RE950 with UNI-T AQII
    size: P205/60R15

ok you're right about the speed rating on the RE950's so i guess my best bets are the Yokohama AVS DB S2's or the AVID H4/V4's

Does anyone feel strongly either way on those?

Definetely the AVS dB S2. Yokohama even rates it as a better tire. The AVID is a passenger car tire with a 500 treadwear rating. Yuck, IMHO.

Vendor
    All season tires are not that good. THey are dead average in all aspects. I would get a set for summer and winter. Grab the azenis for the summer and enjoy the hell out of them. For the winter, pickup some decent winter tire. You dont want to have some half ass tire and slide around in the winter.

Not everyone lives where it snows (Chicago). I agree about two sets being better than one, but you've also got to get another set of wheels and tires. That's a sizeable amount of money.

haha . . . um yea . . . i'm 18 and only in a half-assed kind of way employed. plus i have other more pressing matters concerning my car that require money. so one set is all i can do for right now.

a little further down the road i am going to be looking at wheels though preferably 16's and then i will fetch my self a set of summer tires because rims will be gaurded by me with the utmost care. i'm broke as hell!

back to the subject i think i'll probably go with the Yokohama AVS DB S2's simply because they are in my price range, size (that i have chosen), and the reviews that i have gathered pass them off as more than decent tires.

if you all have any more good suggestions i'm up for them.

i live in a small town where the availability of these is going to be hard so it may be a week or so before i'll be able to find them at a shop close by.

p.s. i can't afford the tirerack.com shipping

Vendor
    Good point guys, not everyone lives in chicago and can afford two pairs of tires. Since you are going to go with wet dry, I would recomend Bridgestone Potenzas. I am a fan of the SO3 and SO2 pole positions, but am unsure of how well they handle in rain. They are not suitable for snow. I like Bridgstone products. If you are going to go into the rain, look for the uni-t certified tires. Believe you me bud, I am in the same situation you are. 18 and not to much cash, just pure Honda love.:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information