Close

soon 2 be Civic Si Type-S freidaddy's Avatar

Unhappy need help, dropping ep soon !

I'm about to drop my car and I'm still a little freaked out about dropping my car since my last car (i know) was dropped 2.5 inches and had problems with it. I need help from you guys or girls on what kind of suspension I should get springs or coil-overs , what brand and what problems if any that you've had.

There are a whole lot of threads on different springs, just search around a little. Everyone has a paticular brand that he/she likes. Most are different in the amount of drop, quality of the spring, spring rate(ride quality) and price. Most of the people on here have either Neuspeed race, Tien or Eibach. It boils down to how much are you willing to spend and what are you looking for as in function.

thanks!

No problem! If you got any more questions, feel free to ask away.

BTW: In your sig it says that you have a n/x 75 dry kit. Did you mean wet? Just wondering.
    Last edited by Vertigo; 12-16-2003 at 02:17 AM.

no its dry

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar

Thumbs up

I love my Eibachs....ride quality is pretty close to stock.
    Mel

I would just get aftermarket springs and get new shocks later on. We all know that ride quaitly will get worse and worse everyday. I have tein s tech springs, Ride quality is pretty nice. Although I am replaing these right after winter.

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar
    Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
    I would just get aftermarket springs and get new shocks later on. We all know that ride quaitly will get worse and worse everyday. I have tein s tech springs, Ride quality is pretty nice. Although I am replaing these right after winter.
    Replacing them with what and why?

Originally posted by Zero Three Si
    Replacing them with what and why?
    I want better setup. Need lower drop too.
    Nothing wrong with tein s tech springs. I will keep these for while.
    No cash now anyways.

Originally posted by freidaddy
    no its dry
    Please enlighten me as to how you accomplished this. Being our cars have a fuel return-less fuel system.

Originally posted by Vertigo
    Please enlighten me as to how you accomplished this. Being our cars have a fuel return-less fuel system.
    It is added at a different place, I don't think it has anything to do with having a return on your fuel. I think it involves what you would prefer, wet nit. is injected with (or at when fuel is added I think), and dry is injected in the intake manifold. I am no expert on the subject, even though I have researched it some. So if I am wrong, please someone give the right info.

Originally posted by Peking
    It is added at a different place, I don't think it has anything to do with having a return on your fuel. I think it involves what you would prefer, wet nit. is injected with (or at when fuel is added I think), and dry is injected in the intake manifold. I am no expert on the subject, even though I have researched it some. So if I am wrong, please someone give the right info.
    A dry-kit injects nitrous only into the motor, whereas a wet kit uses jets for both nitrous and fuel, which you usually get by tapping into the fuel line. Since our cars do not have a return line for fuel, which is normally blocked off in order to up fuel pressure for nitrous, running the dry kit is considered dangerous. I'm not 100% sure on this though. You could run a low enough dry shot and avoid damage, but it is not advisable. Again, I think this is correct, but I'm not 100%.

just get the mugens or tiens and get it over with :) can't get much better a ride than those... especially the mugen's, close to HFP spec spring rates, those things are bad ass. slap a dc5r 22mm rear sway and a spoon front upper strut bar and you have a badass smooth riding cornering daily driving machine!

if you still needed help with suspension stuff...make sure you get the coils isolated..seriosuly! itll clank and clunk until you do.
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Thread Information