Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake Rotors

Brake Rotors

what up,
    I didnt know were to post this but does anyone know of any brake rotors or caliper kit for our ep? Im actually looking for the rotors only but if I have to ill get the whole brake kit.

Luis

ephatch member
    replacement rotors? brembos and powerslot have replacement rotors for our stockies, if you want upgraded brake kit search for willwood, they made one for our car

As for replacements, like Mrfixit suggested, Brembo Rotors are nice...but hmm...I think I read somewhere on this board that they rust/corrode like a "mofo" ...anybody wanna correct me on this one? Cuz I'm not sure...errr :o
    The Original Noob with Boobs

CreamedCone
    Originally posted by Btrthnezr3
    As for replacements, like Mrfixit suggested, Brembo Rotors are nice...but hmm...I think I read somewhere on this board that they rust/corrode like a "mofo" ...anybody wanna correct me on this one? Cuz I'm not sure...errr :o
    Just the opposite, brembos are zinc plated, which makes them highly resistant to rust. I had them on my 97' Civic EX and never saw any rust.

I heard the powerslot rotors are rust resistant too. and get the Greenstuff brake pads by EBC brakes.
    Brembos are great but alot of $ if you want a cheaper 4pot big brake system try SSBC there not bad.

Look on ebay , they have some Brembo rotors for $95 for front pair .They look sweet cross-drilled , but some people say they might crack around holes . Also , you can get powerslot ones , and I saw some with dimples , looks kinda cool

ebay

thanks, looking into the ebay ones

Luis

I have Brembo slotted rotors in the front and I'm using Axis pads on all four corners with lines as well. I decided to stay stock size for a couple reasons. Money was one, and the other is just being practical...with the slotted rotors, lines and pads I'm braking much better already and find little need for anything more...but 12 or 13" rotors would look hot tho. hah. here's a pic

If your looking at the Brembo set-up. Check out this thread. Bio always does a good job on reviewing and installing new products.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...threadid=25778

You know what you better off with slotted rotors if you live in a place that snow. the cross driller looks alot more aggressive but it'll hold the snow in the hole until it warms up and if it gets really cold it'll freeze. safer with the cross drilled. Just my 2 cents. ;)

nopi has the brembo OEM rotors for our car for 29.05 a piece. I paid 61.xx including tax for the front pair. You can tell them you have a 2001+ civic EX coupe, it has the exact same front brake system as the si, 10.3" rotor.

I killed the stock rotors in 64k miles. I should have replaced them like 30k miles ago though, they were worn well past the serviceable limit, and I ended up cracking a piece of the rotor off while braking one day. Imagine pressing the brakes, hearing a POP sound, and realizing that you have about 5% of the braking power that you're used to. Not to mention the piston was siezed in the caliper. But i got it all worked out. It's put back together now, but I need to rebuild both calipers as they both have torn piston boots.

SO the moral of the story is, check your rotors often if you brake hard.

ephatch member
    Originally posted by chunky
    nopi has the brembo OEM rotors for our car for 29.05 a piece. I paid 61.xx including tax for the front pair. You can tell them you have a 2001+ civic EX coupe, it has the exact same front brake system as the si, 10.3" rotor.

I killed the stock rotors in 64k miles. I should have replaced them like 30k miles ago though, they were worn well past the serviceable limit, and I ended up cracking a piece of the rotor off while braking one day. Imagine pressing the brakes, hearing a POP sound, and realizing that you have about 5% of the braking power that you're used to. Not to mention the piston was siezed in the caliper. But i got it all worked out. It's put back together now, but I need to rebuild both calipers as they both have torn piston boots.

SO the moral of the story is, check your rotors often if you brake hard.
    you must drive like a madman

led footed or something there Chunky?

or do you brake check people a lot? hehe

ephatch member
    i think he tests his 60-0 speed 3 or 4 times a day or more

brakes

all I have to say is damn Chunky... you animal.. I think i drive pretty crazy and ive never managed to pull that off. Thanks for all the info guys. i think i might go with the brembos set up after all.

Luis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information