Close

Thread: wires

mmm.. homer simpson lips davidc81's Avatar

wires

for all you guys w/ aftermarket systems, how did you run your power wire and rca's to your trunk? did you take out the carpet to do it? thanks!

I second this question.

Also, to expand on it, who makes a good power distribution block/inline
    fuses? Should I order some online, or just go to BestBuy/wherever?

ephatch member
    Run the power wire and remote down one side of the car, under the carpet. Then run the RCA wires down the other side. You want to keep the RCA wires seperate from the other wires to prevent any feedback or othe annoying noise. I am not sure how everything comes apart when running the wires to the trunk, since the newest civic I installed a stereo in was a 98 civic. God that car was a bitch to install a stereo in.

The 02-03 ep is a bitch to i used the fosgate power blocks from Best Buy they worked great!:D

mmm.. homer simpson lips davidc81's Avatar
    Originally posted by andy
    I second this question.

Also, to expand on it, who makes a good power distribution block/inline
    fuses? Should I order some online, or just go to BestBuy/wherever?
    well, i can answer those questions for you. the most important thing to look for in a power distrobution block is something that will accept the size power wire youre running from your battery then split it to whatever size wires youre going to use for your amp. im using a fused phoenix gold titanium distro block. something fused is nice, but not completely nessecary because you should already have it fused within 18" of the battery. its nice to have the block gold plated for best condutivity. as for an inline fuse holder, just make sure that its waterproof and accepts the correct size fuse for your application. most higher wattage system will need something that can hold an ANL fuse. phoenix gold now makes a battery terminal (TMC terminals) that actually has the fuse holder right in the terminal. pretty trick, plus you kill 2 birds w/ one stone. the phoenix gold accessories are a bit more, but i feel worth it. if you dont want to spend too much on these accessories, knukoncepts.com has high quality stuff for cheap. heres a pic of the pg battery terminal w/ the fuse holder. hope that helps.

in regards to my question, i just wanted to know how you got the rca's and remote wire under the carpet to the trunk. i plan on running the power wires down the drivers side (bc the battery is on that side) and the rca's down the passenger side. im not sure if i should just go straight down the middle or what? i just dont want the lumps under the carpet because im running 0/1g power wire and 3 sets of rca's. thanks!

well

I ran the power lines down the drivers side and the RCAs down the passengers side.

Simply, lifting the plastic door sills and tucking them under them. You can remove them and replace them, BUT, I broke a bracket on one side and it annoys the hell outta me now.

-=speck=-

Thread Information