Close

front plates + bump = bumper ouchie

Has this happened to anyone? I took off my front plates to give my car a wash.. low and behold, there's a "cut" in it! It's like somebody rammed into the front plates and jammed it into the bumper! I'll take some pics when I get home. I was just gonna leave off the plates, but with that cut there, I'm leaving the plate on to cover it. It hurts.. :(

One of the few good things in PA is no front plate

i have that a little bit. i noticed it when i took off my front plate, and decided to leave it off for that matter, (and the fact that it looks 1000x better). but then i got a speeding ticket and the cop started giving me a lot of shit for not having it on (although he never actually wrote me a ticket because i gave him a reasonable story behind it). but since then, i put it back on. however, to prevent that scratching from occuring in the future i applied some sort of insulation strip (not exactly sure what it is, it was lying in my garage) one side is sticky, and the other side is just really soft and absorbant. works like a charm, can't be seen.

that sucks... as soon as i drove my car home from the dealership, the dealer plates came off... my bro had the same problem on his 99 coupe. we took off his front plate cause it looked ugly, and he had a big chunk of his bumper missing underneath it... he covered it up too... i've never had any problems driving around without front plates in my SI or my old Zeal EK :D

Heh...eventhough I've owned my car for only a month (to the day, today :D )...I am concerned about this problem as well...I've just taken precautions being very careful when washing, etc. And I'm most likely going to try to put a barrier behind the plate as suggested...
    I think the car looks wayyyy better without the front plate, but the Nazis will get on my ass (especially my nazi cop dad :angel: ) for not having it on there soo...errr...it must stay!! :(
    The Original Noob with Boobs

so here's the pic.. sorry it took so long. any advice or suggestions on what I should do? For now, the front plates are covering it.

damn, that really sucks... either get it fixed, or look for a replacement...

ctr bumper:D

Yeah, you have excuse to go for JDM bumper, then body kit, and go on...

Thread Information