Close

ephatch member

Lowered ride and bumps = the worst

MAn have you ever hit a pothole, or went over a railrod track too fast , or even a speed bump and yr si just gets the bang of its life - the sound of that just makes me want to pull over and cry. Even when yr exhaust drags over something slighty - you just feel like you want to stop the car and tell it sorry.. I only have tein s-tech springs 1.5 drop (its probably a litter lower now, cause it has settled) so i can feel you guys 2inches and lower pain. I mean it actually feels you are the one doing bodily harm to yourself when your car gets roughed up cause its lowered....

Anybody else feel the same ?
    Last edited by master7; 12-26-2003 at 02:35 PM.

I've got the Tein SS and I'm fine with the bumps. I stiffened the
    shocks, but even still it's not that harsh.

But, I do need to learn to drive a lowered car. Already scraped the
    hell out of my cat back this week. :(

yea i remember those days.... i used to own an accord that was dropped like 3 inches and it also had a fiberglasss kit on it. i scrapped something daily and cracked my front bumpre twice. i did however master the angle method used to drive a lowered vehicle.

Old car was 91 Acura Legend so relatively speaking ride on Si is not good but I'm getting used to it.

PS I changed springs but if you didn't do dampers you may get premature wear on factory dampers.
    Last edited by CywiththeblkSi; 12-29-2003 at 10:20 PM.

Tell me the-fuck about it. I have 1.5 inchs and everyday it sounds worse and worse, I want to shoot myself for droping the car almost right now. 40,000 miles on it so no turning back. If i had to do it over again, no drop unless I could get the full setup.

Re: Lowered ride and bumps = the worst

Originally posted by master7
    MAn have you ever hit a pothole, or went over a railrod track too fast , or even a speed bump and yr si just gets the bang of its life - the sound of that just makes me want to pull over and cry. Even when yr exhaust drags over something slighty - you just feel like you want to stop the car and tell it sorry.. I only have tein s-tech springs 1.5 drop (its probably a litter lower now, cause it has settled) so i can feel you guys 2inches and lower pain. I mean it actually feels you are the want hurting when your car gets roughed up cause its lowered....

Anybody else feel the same ?
    if you don't want to have the feeling that you're hurting your car, then watch how you drive. i have the same springs on my stock shocks, and i have no problems. my advice would to be to avoid pot holes, slow up at speed bumps, railroad tracks or any other fucked up roads or streets... i'm guessing you probably drive your car pretty hard and aggressive... oh well, treat your car right and it will return the favor. :D

I just took my H&Rs off and the ride is amazing. Of course now it handles like shit......

No weird sounds or anything but it sucks when i hit this certain bump on my way to work i hit my head on the roof...sux being 6'6" sometimes.

I hate pot-holes. But after owning a few imports and a mini-truck, i've learned to dodge them. My only problem with my EP is i scrape the cat if i go over speed-bumps strait. The handling is awsome and the ride quality is as good as stock.

Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
    No weird sounds or anything but it sucks when i hit this certain bump on my way to work i hit my head on the roof...sux being 6'6" sometimes.
    and I thought I had it bad being 6'3":D

I'm also riding on TEINS S TECH

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar
    I have H&R springs, 1/2 inch lower drop than you do and my car runs fine. I don't drive like a nut, I avoid pot holes, and I drive slowly over train tracks.

It's an EP not a Dodge Ram 1500. What do you expect?:D

imagine neuspeed race :o ...they are harsher than harsh...2.25 and its settled :'( ... thinkin' of full suspension... but i know how u feel, it hurts when i scrap my mid pipe and bottom out...but then again its my fault for lowering my car

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar
    Originally posted by team ERA 5
    imagine neuspeed race :o ...they are harsher than harsh...2.25 and its settled :'( ... thinkin' of full suspension... but i know how u feel, it hurts when i scrap my mid pipe and bottom out...but then again its my fault for lowering my car
    It's your fault for lowering the car???? WTF

Bro, it's honda's fault for NOT lowering the car.

Our front suspensions really do

need more travel by way of the FULL coilover. I am about ready to try KW or trade my car in :crym:

Teins are too soft.

ephatch member
    Yeah i drive hard ...but not over potholes, train tracks and speed bumps on purpose- I am talking when you just riding and them bumps that kind of pop up on ya- and bottom out the car or when you thinky ou have slowed up enough for a speed bump or rail road track and still scratch.

My drop is all good - no problems really- no noises or non of that rides juts has good as stock just lowered but i know everybody has had there share of the "dropped blues" here and there- but once you have had a dropped car - i think it would be a funny feeling to ride 4x4 ...(*_*)

Thread Information