Close

View Poll Results: Best size for rims...

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • 15"

21 11.11%
  • 16"

74 39.15%
  • 17"

85 44.97%
  • 18"+

9 4.76%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Wink Best size for rims? 15", 16" or 17"

Hi guys and thanks for all your help with my question about springs - I decided on the Eibach Pro Kits for now. I'm getting them installed next week.

Here's the question: what is the best all around size to buy new after market rims in for the Honda Si HB??? I would like to get new rims for the spring. I am thinking 16's... what do you guys think???;)

I've got 17's on my car, and like them for the looks, and for the handling, but we have pretty smooth roads down here. You might want to go with 16's cause a little taller sidewall will give you a better ride on rough roads, and also will help to keep you from damaging your new rims.

i prefer 17's with low profiles
    BUT
    if you've NEVER had low pro OR 16+ rims

buy used for your first set
    so if you bend them up
    u dont care ;)

To me, 17s look good with some tire, and 16s too, but since I go through my tires every 10K or so autocrossing, I stick to 15's, because it makes $ense.

ephatch member
    I'd go with a 17. But with you starting out like mentioned a 16 with a bigger sidewall an profile on the tire will give you a better ride.

I am happy with 17". wheels.

Originally posted by mlkelley68
    I've got 17's on my car, and like them for the looks, and for the handling, but we have pretty smooth roads down here. You might want to go with 16's cause a little taller sidewall will give you a better ride on rough roads, and also will help to keep you from damaging your new rims.
    Same here, also if you want to upgrade the brakes. It helps to have bigger rims.

Who shrunk the odyssey? K20A3Si's Avatar
    i am going with the work cr's 16x7.....i am friends with alot of auto x drivers and they always tell me the feel the most stable with 16's...so i am going to take there word for it

It all depends what you want and what you intend to do with your vehicle! Some people like bigger rims so they can show off there wheels. The bottom line is bigger rims and tires the more expensive. When you go with bigger rims you will require lower profile tires to maintain the aspect ratio. In other words, in order for the speedometer to read acurately when you go with bigger rims, your tire side walls get smaller if you want to maintain the same overall circumference. The lower the profile the better it handles in dry surface or on the track ,and at the same time your ride gets stiffer and more succeptible to bumps. When you go with lower profile wheels and tires, the cavity around the wheel might look larger, but if you maintain the same aspect ratio is the same. To make is look asthetically pleasing may want a set of springs to give it a European look.

If you set up your mind and want to give it a different look,and you want to improve the handling, I recommend you go with some 16 inch wheels.

I myself have 17"... That is all personal preference. Don't forget aspect ratio and wheel offset ratio (how far the wheel sticks out from the hub or how far the in into the fender).;)

i'd do 17"... that's what i have... had 18",but they were too rough... ;)

wow... i actually posted a pic... my dumbazz couldn't do it before....:D

johnnydanger,

I think your ride looks very clean, would you consider tinting?;)

actually i thought about that, but i'm not sure yet... btw, thanx for the props... :)

16 ;)

ephatch member
    16" . Good meaty rubber . Just sold my Rota Subzero 17" . Setting the car up more for handling and track .

Actually good performance rubber in 16" is usually more money than the standard 205/40 - 215/40 - 215/45 x 17's .

And more options with 16 as far as the weight requirement goes . Do not fall to much below a tire rated at 86-87 .

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information