Close

View Poll Results: Best size for rims...

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • 15"

21 11.11%
  • 16"

74 39.15%
  • 17"

85 44.97%
  • 18"+

9 4.76%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I love my 18"s... Do they look rice?

CLICK ME

Originally posted by Brettnyt
    I love my 18"s... Do they look rice?

CLICK ME
    not rice, just too big for me! :D

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    not rice, just too big for me! :D
    There you go! That is understandable. But i feel that when someone says "Rice" it is not just their own opinion but an actual point at which it turns from not rice to rice. Damn the word rice... I love my 18"s, I would not be as happy with a smaller wheel, but once again, thats just me. :D

Originally posted by Brettnyt
    There you go! That is understandable. But i feel that when someone says "Rice" it is not just their own opinion but an actual point at which it turns from not rice to rice. Damn the word rice... I love my 18"s, I would not be as happy with a smaller wheel, but once again, thats just me. :D
    who said it's rice? that word is so overerly used now.

Originally posted by KeNnYtAkEr
    16" if ur even thinking about track without upgrading to a big brake kit and 17" if u plan to upgrade. 15" are just to small and 18"+ is just to big.
    Why are 15"s too small for the track? I did a couple lapping events last year on lightweight 15"s with ES100s ... even with the pressure down to 31 psi, I didn't get any roll-over ... of course the ES100s have fairly stiff sidewalls. I can understand why 16"s would be better (especially since they are usually wider as well), but I don't think it's fair to say that 15"s are impossible on the track ... or maybe it's just me :)

Originally posted by graham
    Why are 15"s too small for the track? I did a couple lapping events last year on lightweight 15"s with ES100s ... even with the pressure down to 31 psi, I didn't get any roll-over ... of course the ES100s have fairly stiff sidewalls. I can understand why 16"s would be better (especially since they are usually wider as well), but I don't think it's fair to say that 15"s are impossible on the track ... or maybe it's just me :)
    I wouldn't listen to that guy...the track..that could me so many things...for autox..15's are the best imo. you don't need a brake kit for autoxing.
    I'm going with 15's also for autox with yoko es100s...225/50

ephatch member
    if you got a 5-lug convertion or a 04 si, i would go with 17s... if 4-lug than i would go with 16s....

after 1.5 years.... all that matters is WIDER.

16 inches on good rubber

lightweight

16 gunmetal polished lip rota slips=gangsta:D
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Originally posted by graham
    I think that 15" and 16" are for people who are serious about driving. I might get in trouble for saying this but anything more is basically for show. Why lug around all the extra weight of 17's or even 18's? That just doesn't make any sense to me. After all, this is not a Lamborghini... we are talking about Honda Civics for crying out loud. If you like larger rims that is fine but just admit that it is for show and not for performance. ;)

Originally posted by Low Rider
    I think that 15" and 16" are for people who are serious about driving. I might get in trouble for saying this but anything more is basically for show. Why lug around all the extra weight of 17's or even 18's? That just doesn't make any sense to me. After all, this is not a Lamborghini... we are talking about Honda Civics for crying out loud. If you like larger rims that is fine but just admit that it is for show and not for performance. ;)
    my 17" volk ce28n's are 11.8 lbs. how heavy are your 15"/16"'s???

17's usually have a wider wheel width selection (7.5" or 8") that will give you a better contact patch with wide tires...

Originally posted by glw

17's usually have a wider wheel width selection (7.5" or 8") that will give you a better contact patch with wide tires...
    My 15"x6.5" konig Heliums are 10.7 lbs. They were about $150 CAN each ... 205/55R15 Yoko AVS100s were $120 CAN each. how much were your Volks? ;) I can't argue the quality angle, because obviously 17"x7.5" Volks kick serious ass ... but for the money, lightweight 15"s are a REALLY cheap way to improve unsprung weight ... period. You can feel an immediate difference.

I can't argue the "looks" angle either, since it is completely subjective ... but personally, I love the look of race rubber on a lowered SiR ... it looks like business. Reference: BlasTech's ride.

If I were to do it again, I'd go for Volk TE37s in 15x7 ... under 10 lbs!!! ... but now that I have the heliums, I'll just sit back and enjoy watching the 42" HDTV I bought with the money I saved :)
    Last edited by graham; 03-10-2004 at 12:20 AM.

Originally posted by glw

Yes... there are always exceptions and I would agree that your setup is smokin':D . But, the same setup in a 16" would be lighter still and you could put the Bridgestone RE010's in a 215/45/16. My only concern is that, with respect to performance, lighter is better. In your case, you are way lighter than stock anyway which is awesome. I think 17" is kinda my limit... Regardless, you have made a good choice and rim choice is something that we all agonize over!!!;)

Re:

I have the Buddy Club P1 Qualifiers on order in a 16"x7" with a 45mm offset. Apparently, they are 5.2 kilograms. Not sure what that works out to in pounds... I think it's around 10.5lbs. Then with the tires too, well, who knows... I guess it's all just splitting hairs anyways!!!:D

15"X7" HAMMERS W/SPINNERS AND CHROME FENDER TRIM... NOW THAT'S THE SHEEEEEEEEEEOT! ;) LOL

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information