Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

aem cold air intake v2

hey do any of you guys have the cold air intake v2 in ur cars? im thinking about buying one cuz supposedly it gives the new civic si's about 11 hp.. any one have any experience with them?

I've had the V2 for over a month now and couldn't be more pleased. The car really takes off at high rpms and the sound between 4000 and redline is amazing. Even though the V2 is the most expensive intake out there its worth the money.
    Last edited by redfury; 12-30-2003 at 04:06 PM.

P.S Here's a pic, sorry it's crappy but it was the only file small enough to attach.

Re: aem cold air intake v2

Originally posted by nobike12
    supposedly it gives the new civic si's about 11 hp.
    DAMN where'd you hear that? That would make it the most power-producing single NA mod available.

yeah im pretty sure its the most power producing intake on the market so far.. but i was also wondering... cuz im like a total newb here haha but for the bypasses on cold airs, they dont matter as long as the diameter is right right?

As far as I know, there isnt a real bypass made for the two CAI's on the Si (Injen and AEM).

The V2 for the Si is actually more of a Short Ram design than a CAI, and has alot less risk of hydrolocking with its filter there, instead of inside the front fender.

The other thing I've heard about Bypasses is that they can rob the CAI of its potential, making it perform about the same as a Short Ram.

If AEM follows what other companies have done with products for the Si, there may never be a dyno of the V2 on an Si. Companies seem to think that people with the Si will buy a product based on its RSX-S or RSX-base performance, but both cars have significant differences from the Si, especially in the intake dept.

Im eager to see how the V2 works on an otherwise stock Si.

wow 11 horse power huh, my cai was getting boring anyway its time for a change :)

JDM TOOL
    My friend has an AEM V2 intake on his S2000, and boy does that thing scream. Ive never heard a car so loud with just one single mod. I also read, and watched the video clips on AEM's website. Where they had tested 3 of the same 98 Civic EX. One with the 98 stock EX intake vs, the 98 stock EX with the traditional AEM CAI, and then the 98 stock EX with the new V2. It was amazing, the AEM V2 seemed to beat the old CAI version by a full car. Amazing!!! It really does appear to be the best intake on the market. I ordered mine a week ago and was told that it was on backorder for a short time. Im becoming impatient I want my AEM V2 NOW!!!!!

AEM V2 is the best so far.

Thumbs up AEM V2 is the best so far.

KeNnYtAkEr,

those pics look mighty familiar.. ;) :p

Anyway, I've had the V2 for a while now and still have no regrets getting it. I think the concensus is that CAI > v2 > SRI in terms of the most gains. Nothing beats cold air. However, the v2 makes similar gains to the CAI, with the ease of install/maintainence of the SRI, and the zero-hydrolock fear factor, it's a winner in my book. definately well worth the price. However, if u have a CAI already, stick with it.
    Last edited by chibianh; 12-31-2003 at 11:02 AM.

JDM Mugen ep coming soon! Kwazie's Avatar
    looks like a SRI to me :p

HOLY crap...11ph...damn.

Is that thing really loud?:D

Well if this thing is packing 11 horse power than its obviously better than the CAI for our car. the CAI only gave us like 5hp 6 at most

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information