Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Vendor

H&R Owners...what's your opinion?

i'm definately looking at getting H&R springs because of the drop that it gives...my only concern is the ride quality on stock shocks as well as the ride quality all together...

i know i should upgrade the shocks, but if anyone has them already installed and can give me an opinion on them...that'd be great.

The correct spring also is 51866-2, i know some people who say the ride sucks is because they're using the springs from the civic coupe which have the incorrect spring rate. Thanks for your post and opinion in advanced. :)

yea, i really like them because they look and feel good.
    the only con that i am getting is some werid rubbing and clunking noises. but not as bad as it used to be without coil isolators.
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Vendor
    is the ride really stiff? are you running on stock shocks and how are those holding up if you are? thanks

I've been in an ep with H&R, the ride was quite comfortable and it wasn't as low as mine, so it felt less proneto abuse on bumps.

Reinvigorated Ep driver frentzenej11's Avatar
    The ride is great so far. No noises at all. The ride is stiffer,but overall I'm happy with them.

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar
    Ride is very nice. The car doesn't feel like it's going to roll over when I take aggressive turns on exit ramps. I can totally tell that I need a sway bar now though. Bumps? Well it's not as rough as everybody says. If you put ANY lowering springs on your car...of course the ride is going to be rougher. It's not as bad as everybody says. The performance makes it all worth it.

Vendor
    are you guys running stock shocks?

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar
    Originally posted by ViViDPeArL
    Yup

frentzenej11 is also

So am I, and Chunky.

I've got a shitload of miles on my ep3 after the h&r install. 65k miles, and the springs were installed at 4xxxx miles.

1) daily drive ride is very comfortable over all but the harshest bumps.

2) these springs work very well with stock shocks. It's fine for daily driving and spirited driving. If you auto-x, you'll still want new shocks - but if you're not going to be pushing the car that hard, you'll be a-ok.

3) Everyone I know that is using the correct spring number and did the install properly has very few to zero issues with noise etc.

I'll add that you may need to purchase the rear camber kit, but it's not that important. the drop will leave you with approximately -1.7 camber in the rear which is barely within stock spec.

Vendor
    i dunno if this is the same...but on my last car which was an accord...i had -2.5 camber in the back...but no abnormal wear what so ever...i wonder if it will be the same with the ep...thank god this time camber kit for the front is only 30 bucks for some bolts...thanks for all your posts guys...anyone got pictures of their drop? maybe pictures of the drop on 215/40/17?? :D thanks...

I'm in the worx of getting my H&R's installed. Today I got the front springs put on hehehehe. I'm Cruisin around with a Hot Rod EP. I'm getting the rears installed tomorrow. Time was running out at work today to do the rears and get it aligned. I'm gonna post a pic soon to show u the Hot Rod EP before I get the rear lowered :D
    Last edited by Sidriver; 12-31-2003 at 06:13 PM.

i dunno if this is the same...but on my last car which was an accord...i had -2.5 camber in the back...but no abnormal wear what so ever...i wonder if it will be the same with the ep...thank god this time camber kit for the front is only 30 bucks for some bolts...thanks for all your posts guys...anyone got pictures of their drop? maybe pictures of the drop on 215/40/17?? :D thanks...
    click on "you may call her estella" in my sig for a pic. I have 225/50/15's

-2.5 camber in the rear with no abnormal wear is definitely the exception. But a lot of it depends on what kind of tires, and what tire pressures you run.

ephatch member
    It doesn't matter what spring number you order, wether it's for rsx, em2 civic, or civic si. The boxes may have different part numbers but you may find part number stickers layered under the civic si sticker. The actual part numbers on the springs are all the same. They ride okay but I feel the stock shocks aren't up to the task. There is one particular freeway in my area which is sectioned off every 20 feet or so. The sections are sealed together which form small bumps. The stock shocks don't soak these bumps too well, giving the sensation of constant rocking. I wish somebody besides koni would release shocks for our cars already.:yellm:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information