Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ephatch member
    chunky- K24 pistons are $489.00/set with rings and pins.
    K20A1/A2/A3 pitons are $449.00/set with rings and pins.

We will also have 9.0:1 pistons for the K24 soon!

Compression ratios of 11.5:1 and 9.0:1 are available in 86mm
    and 87mm bores for the K20A1/A2/A3.

Rods for the K24 and K20A1/A2 will be available before the
    end of the month. K20A3 rods will follow. Rods will be
    $695.00/set.

We also have prototype cams for the K20A1/A2 available along
    with valves, springs, and retainers

myeverlovinsir- I want to show people what is available to them with
    out spending the money on a complete A1 or A2 c
    cylinder head. The port size and valve sizes are the
    same, I will be flowing an A2 head and my K24 heads
    soon. By the end of the year, it will have a true
    VTEC head on it, but I want to start with the A3
    style head.

arent the k24 piston the same as k20 pistons..there just os 1 mm

what do you think about removeing the silent shaft and oil pump from the k24 and replaceing it with the typs s pump???

ephatch member
    what do you think about removeing the silent shaft and oil pump from the k24 and replaceing it with the typs s pump???

Arent the k24 piston the same as k20 pistons..there just os 1 mm
    The balance shaft can be removed from the K24 and replaced with the Type-S pump. My only concern at this point is fitting the windage tray.

The pin height and dome volumes are different than the K20.

Any plans on offering a built k-series crate motor like the "Beast" b-series?

Question PISTON SPEED

PISTON SPEED ? DOES ANYONE KNOW THE FORMULA OFFHAND. I'D LIKE TO CALCULATE THE K20A3 STOCK AND AT 7700 RPM'S; K20A2 STOCK AND AT 8600; AND THE K24BLOCK/K20A HEAD COMBO AT 8600 RPM'S. THANKS. I READ AN INTERVIEW IN HONDATUNING MAGAZINE WHERE THEY ASKED THE DESIGNER OF THE TSX ENGINE ABOUT PISTON SPEED. HE SAID HE WAS MOST PROUD THAT THE ENGINE'S PISTON SPEED IS 2.2 METERS-PER-SECOND, WHERE AS 2 METERS-PER-SECOND IS COMMONGROUND ON HONDA'S. THANKS, JUST VERY INTERESTED TO SEE HOW FAR A PROPER BUILDUP CAN TAKE PISTON SPEEDS. OH, AND I NEED BORE AND STROKE DIMENSIONS FOR THE K20A2. THANKS AGAIN, I'M JUST DOIN A LITTLE RESEARCH FOR A BUILDUP ON MY OWN ONCE THE WARRANTY PERIOD HAS PAST. FRANKENSTEIN IS ALIVE cr#p, i did it again, freakin cap locks!
    Last edited by GODZILLA; 02-11-2004 at 01:18 PM.

ephatch member

Re: PISTON SPEED

Originally posted by GODZILLA
    PISTON SPEED ? DOES ANYONE KNOW THE FORMULA OFFHAND. I'D LIKE TO CALCULATE THE K20A3 STOCK AND AT 7700 RPM'S; K20A2 STOCK AND AT 8600; AND THE K24BLOCK/K20A HEAD COMBO AT 8600 RPM'S. THANKS. I READ AN INTERVIEW IN HONDATUNING MAGAZINE WHERE THEY ASKED THE DESIGNER OF THE TSX ENGINE ABOUT PISTON SPEED. HE SAID HE WAS MOST PROUD THAT THE ENGINE'S PISTON SPEED IS 2.2 METERS-PER-SECOND, WHERE AS 2 METERS-PER-SECOND IS COMMONGROUND ON HONDA'S. THANKS, JUST VERY INTERESTED TO SEE HOW FAR A PROPER BUILDUP CAN TAKE PISTON SPEEDS. OH, AND I NEED BORE AND STROKE DIMENSIONS FOR THE K20A2. THANKS AGAIN, I'M JUST DOIN A LITTLE RESEARCH FOR A BUILDUP ON MY OWN ONCE THE WARRANTY PERIOD HAS PAST. FRANKENSTEIN IS ALIVE cr#p, i did it again, freakin cap locks!
    http://www.thedirtforum.com/pistoncalc.htm
    http://davewin.com/tech/mean_piston_speed.shtml

K20A - 86mm bore x 86mm stroke
    K24A - 87mm bore x 99mm stroke
    Last edited by Payntech; 02-11-2004 at 01:31 PM.

Payntech, awesome progress. If you are successful with building rad cams for the K24 will be you making cams for the A3 head? Need a prototype tester for A3 cams? :D

man, that was quick. thanks for the links and info. btw, i'm hopin to reflash my ecu soon. can you quote me a price on the hondata flash for the k20a3.:D :)

Re: PISTON SPEED

Originally posted by GODZILLA
    peak piston speeds do not change unless you change the stroke of the motor or increase redline (as indicated by the link payntech posted).

But in short, the reason why hte k24 has higher piston speeds is due to the fact that it has a longer stroke.

why are you concerend with them? typically, lower piston speed = more stability @ high rpm.

Also, I'll mention that rod ratio has a big impact on the acceleration curve of the piston, in other words, how the piston accelerates & decelerates. To me, that is more important than peak piston speeds. That webpage gives you average speed of a piston. But what's really important is how the piston changes speeds. For instance, having slower piston speeds near the top of the stroke is good to a certain extent b/c it gives you dwell at TDC, and keeps piston speeds more uniform throughout the stroke. having a larger rod/stroke ratio achieves this. Having a smaller rod/stroke does the opposite, reduces dwell at TDC and makes piston speeds less uniform, and increases piston sideloading.

unless i've got that backwards. . . .

but anyhow, peak piston speeds are a small concern if everything else is kept in check, like rod ratio v.s. rpm.

now, if your desired setup will call for very high piston speeds, and you are unable to adjust the rod/stroke, then you need to do certain things to compensate for that, like super strong wrist pins & rods as well as more durable piston rings.

k series beats would rock!!

Originally posted by Payntech
    The balance shaft can be removed from the K24 and replaced with the Type-S pump. My only concern at this point is fitting the windage tray.

The pin height and dome volumes are different than the K20.
    do you think there are any advantages in removeing the silent shaft???ow and the type s windage tray will fit..i tried it...

are you sure the pistons are diff cuz shawn at arais told me they were the same

ephatch member
    Originally posted by onesikek9
    do you think there are any advantages in removeing the silent shaft???ow and the type s windage tray will fit..i tried it...
    Removing the balance shafts should have a similar affect to adding a light weight flywheel to the car.

Did you test fit the type-S windage tray on a K20A3 or a K24?

Originally posted by onesikek9
    are you sure the pistons are diff cuz shawn at arais told me they were the same
    I have not measured the K20 pistons, only the K24, but they are different from what everyone is advertising. The dome volumes will also have to change to get similar compression.

as far as the windage tray yes it fits...iam just concerned about the silent shaft removed..iam kind of iffy...i know they do it on the h22 but on a k motor???with that stroke do you think it would be wise to remove it???i really want to know befor i finish building the motor...ow i got my pistons today and they look almost the same except that the skirt is a littl longer maybe 1 mm..but my main concern is that the piston crown is taller..will it hit the head??its maybe 1mm taller or more...and the wrist pin does not fit...the pistons are 11-5-1 what do you think they are in this motor with type s head>>>do you think i will have over 200 hp to the wheels??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information