Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Originally posted by Payntech
    Measure from the deck of the piston (Not the top of the dome) to the centerline of of the pin boss.

I would put the piston in and measure the piston to deck hieght.
    ok i measured the hieght on the stock k 24 piston and its 1.165 thats what i got but i dont have the best tool in the world...then i measured the rsx piston and i got 1.191 then i saw on the box it was 1.181...stupid me it was writen on the box..lol well i will try to post pic soon..how are you getting the cr #s what formula are youi useing...

ephatch member
    I have a couple of different engine modeling programs that I use.

If you search on-line you will find a bunch of different calculators.

iam gonna try to cc the motor with the piston and head installed to day ill let you know how my #s look...i want to clay it for valve cearence anyways minus well cc it...:)

well it turns out i will end up with 13-5-1...too high for me...

ephatch member
    We have pistons in stock that will put you in the 11.7:1 range with your build.

how much power can the stock crv rod hold??is the tsx rod better ...when will your rods be avalible how much???

ephatch member
    I wouldn't try to make big power with CRV rods, I don't about the TSX rod. We should have rods by the end of next week or maybe the week after.

well what should i do??i really want to know what kind of power the tsx rod will hold i dont think iam gonna make more then 250 whp

ephatch member
    It's up to you. NA is harder on the rods than FI.

For the $350.00 you are going to spend purchasing the TSX rods, I would buy aftermarket. That way you can do what ever you want to it and not worry about the rods.

Originally posted by Payntech
    It's up to you. NA is harder on the rods than FI.

For the $350.00 you are going to spend purchasing the TSX rods, I would buy aftermarket. That way you can do what ever you want to it and not worry about the rods.
    how much can you sell me your rods for???who makes them for you???spec??

ephatch member
    You've got PM!

ephatch member
    I have a question for you payntech, different honda motors (h22a) have diferent methods for cylinder refinishing before pistons are reinstalled in a used block, if you were to take a block (k20a3) that has less than 20k on it what would you recommend to do to the cylinder walls before installation of new pistons. I would think a motor of that mileage in a honda would not have to bored over size or anything, what do you guys do?

And thank you for your time.

i would just break the galze if any???lets see what paynetech has to say..i want to know his oppinion also.

ephatch member
    have a question for you payntech, different honda motors (h22a) have diferent methods for cylinder refinishing before pistons are reinstalled in a used block, if you were to take a block (k20a3) that has less than 20k on it what would you recommend to do to the cylinder walls before installation of new pistons. I would think a motor of that mileage in a honda would not have to bored over size or anything, what do you guys do?
    The sleeves are not like the H22 and can be bored oversize if necessary. If you are replacing the piston with a different stock size factory piston we would just break the glaze. Although I would still recommend checking the piston to wall before assembling the engine.

With an aftermarket piston, we would want to take an even closer look at the piston to wall as forged pistons requires more piston to wall clearance. We almost alway refit hone the block to get the piston to wall clearance we are looking for.

We also make most of our pistons a .001" larger to allow for a little honing.

ephatch member
    Thanks, I was just curious about the new honda motors. I have a set of DC5-r pistons sitting in my place just begging to be installed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information