Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2way or 3way

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar
    Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
    stock speaker sizes are 6 1/2 but with out using a bump ring/or cutting in the front you cant fit aftermarket 6 1/2s
    Well I went out and bought the Kenwoods on my lunch break. Now I just need to figure out how to take off that grill.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    You can either pop it out with your finger or use a screw driver (flathead) with a thin cloth on it and put it under the edge. Pops right out.....
    Mel

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar
    Originally posted by oogy-boogy
    You can either pop it out with your finger or use a screw driver (flathead) with a thin cloth on it and put it under the edge. Pops right out.....
    It should just be 3 screws holding down the speaker right? Pop the speaker out, pop the new one in and screw it down...done???

Originally posted by Zero Three Si
    It should just be 3 screws holding down the speaker right? Pop the speaker out, pop the new one in and screw it down...done???
    Not necessarily. There are three screws holding the rear speakers in, but when I tried to mount a pair of 6 1/2 kenwoods in the back I had to purchase a mounting ring from crutchfield to get it to line up with the factory holes. The factory speaker has its own mounting ring, which expands the diameter to 6 3/4.

EDIT: you can also pick up a wiring adapter that plugs onto the end of the factory plug so you dont have to hack up your stock one.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Originally posted by fsugatorbait
    Not necessarily. There are three screws holding the rear speakers in, but when I tried to mount a pair of 6 1/2 kenwoods in the back I had to purchase a mounting ring from crutchfield to get it to line up with the factory holes. The factory speaker has its own mounting ring, which expands the diameter to 6 3/4.

EDIT: you can also pick up a wiring adapter that plugs onto the end of the factory plug so you dont have to hack up your stock one.
    Phil's got it.....Now go buy it.....and do it....or rig it. ;)
    Mel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information