Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: BOV

Originally posted by Most-Wanted
    Greddy Type-S..............
    cool, sounds crazy...not what I expected :D

haha whats a modorator? estebones's Avatar
    wow the # and sounds ae impressive.

could an ep push 300 hp with turbo and be a daily driver.

Don't try and dull this down so much LordKoo...
    TheMutt, you are being too pessimistic! I have seen SR20DE pushing 350whp stock internal! So, K20A3 pushing 300whp is REASONABLE! What you can't do, that does not mean others cannot.

but you have to look at it this way that is an sr20 not a k20 the sr comes turbo the k20 does not you have to look at what has been done so far SFP has taken this car the farthest. No one else right now can compete all other can only get up to what 250 then they start ripping apart the motor so SFP obviously has the secret that is why they are the best no one else can find the tuning secret but them so now they are the ones to go with

what i meant in the previous post is pretty much what yellerep3 is asking. I mean congrats on such HUGE gains its obvious you guys know what you're doing. aprrox. 300HP on a stock set up is unbelieveible. I really just wanted to know know if the engine would hold up on being a daily driver. i want to turbo but if i am going to spend the money...i am going to go all out on the best one i can find. the problem being is that it has to be a daily driver at the same time.

TexMex @ b3st
    Well, that guy is the first with it I would assume. I don't think it's his daily driver though. I could be wrong though. So I guess we still won't know if it's safe for a daily, but I would be willing to buy the kit and take the chance. 300hp. Dayum.

We feel that this power level the way we have the car tuned and with the aquamist is going to be reliable for a good while. Of course since this hasn't been done before there is some level of experimentation. And of course with any car that's modified things can happen. If people want this setup for daily driver and want added piece of mind, I'd recommend doing a Greddy Profec B Spec II boost controller, run about 7psi daily then turn the wick up to 9.5psi or so when they want to play.

keep in mind, not only is it making a hell of a lot of power, but it delivers it for A LOT more rpms than the others. 300whp, this car should run 12's with those rpms. nice

Just let us know when you blow teh hell out of it in a year.

well we will see if it will last for a daily drive my car goes down to SFP in about a week and i am going to use it as a daily driver. But as SFP said it before until a little while longer it is just an experiment but as i said before it will be my daily driver and i am going to put it through helli mean i have had my car since feb/2003 and i have 24000 miles on it so soon we will know

ephatch member

some answers

To be honest, the silver hatch is not daily driver. I had a boosted R as a daily driver and promised myself that I wouldn't do that again. However, there is absolutely no reason you couldn't drive this car everyday. I am actually driving mine just about everyday now because I like it so much. I have had zero problems at 5-6 psi. I only don't drive it everyday because I want to keep it nice and am a pilot and leave my car at the airport for days at a time. I have only been on 9.8 psi for a few days so can't give an honest opinion on how I think it will hold up. Normally a car comes apart due to tuning errors or detonation. This car has neither and I expect it will last for quite sometime. If your concerned, leave the kit at 5-6 psi and be happy with what you have. I made 262.8 and 213 ft lbs of torque on the base set up of 6 psi. Anytime you take a stock car and start doing things that were not suppose to be done you are at risk of a failure. I've seen people blow motors due to water ingestion on a cold air intake. But nobody balks at doing an intake. It all boils down to what you want to experience. Live on the edge, have fun and experience life in the fast lane. Life is too short to be boring............

Videos

Wow...."Pulls pants up" thats pretty freakin awsome!! Nice ride man...turbo mine!!

dude...i am so jealous of your car..honestly tho you are the man for trying this setup...i might do mine in a few years(being realistic) when i feel my car needs a wakeup call
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

ephatch member

Thanks!

The real man is Frank at South Florida Performance. I call him the mad scientist. I just let him do his thing. We are getting ready to build an RSX-S block and head and get sick with this hatch. However, I want to enjoy it for a while just the way it is. It's so much fun to drive right now. I am actually starting to drive it more than my stock one. Anyhow, thanks everyone for the compliments. If anyone wants to take a look at it in person and go for a ride just let me know. My friend is doing his this week and between us we should be able to make it happen.

I know they post the price on the web site. 4500 give or take. Just wanted to know what you have spent?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information