Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Front Sway Install (updated)

I'm going to be installing a Progress Front Sway bar in a couple of hours. Anybody got any suggestions?

I searched and couldn't find an install.
    Last edited by Lucid Moments; 03-08-2004 at 06:21 PM.

Yeah... send it back! It's totally unnecessary!!!

You going to take it to your shop your friend owns? Cause that way you can easily install it with tension. Do you have a rear sway? If you do, it is pretty much the same install. Might take you a minute getting the bar sitting right.

Good luck!

Originally posted by Peking
    You going to take it to your shop your friend owns? Cause that way you can easily install it with tension. Do you have a rear sway? If you do, it is pretty much the same install. Might take you a minute getting the bar sitting right.

Good luck!
    Thanks, Yea I'm doing it at the shop. I've got the progress rear sway, and I hope it is easier than putting that on cause there is no reinforcing plate on the front like there is on the rear.

Rectum? Nearly Killed'm DarkHatch's Avatar
    Originally posted by EP3ME
    Yeah... send it back! It's totally unnecessary!!!
    Lol!! are you on drugs?

I've got them on my car. Front was alot easier. The only pain abot the is that you have to pull out the exhaut, but it's not a big deal:)

Originally posted by mlkelley68
    Thanks, Yea I'm doing it at the shop. I've got the progress rear sway, and I hope it is easier than putting that on cause there is no reinforcing plate on the front like there is on the rear.
    Damnit I knew you had a rear sway (that you and Hondaman installed). Man I am getting old :( Mike this is off-topic, but I will be booking my room tomorrow.

Originally posted by DarkHatch
    Lol!! are you on drugs?

I've got them on my car. Front was alot easier. The only pain abot the is that you have to pull out the exhaut, but it's not a big deal:)
    When you say pull it out, do you mean take it off completely? Or just disconnect from somewhere (cat probably?) and work around it?

Re: Lol!! are you on drugs?

No... I'm not on drugs! Everyone who is racing these cars is leaving the front alone and beefing up the rear because of the massive understeer of the stock EP. I've been racing for 25 years and I think I know a thing or two about suspension set up. If you don't believe me talk to King Motorsports - they don't even bother to make a front sway bar primarily because, "it is totally unnecessary"! Do you know what you're talking about or are you just buying something because it's out there?
    :p

Originally posted by Peking
    Damnit I knew you had a rear sway (that you and Hondaman installed). Man I am getting old :( Mike this is off-topic, but I will be booking my room tomorrow.
    If you are getting old, then what the hell does that make me?:( :D
    You booking at La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West?

Re: Lol!! are you on drugs?

No... I'm not on drugs! Everyone who is racing these cars is leaving the front alone and beefing up the rear because of the massive understeer of the stock EP. I've been racing for 25 years and I think I know a thing or two about suspension set up. If you don't believe me talk to King Motorsports - they don't even bother to make a front sway bar primarily because, "it is totally unnecessary"! Do you know what you're talking about or are you just buying something because it's out there?
    :p
    I'm not racing the car. I hope to go to some auto-x's in the future, but who knows. I will grant that the car is set up to understeer. I'm assuming the reason Honda (and almost every other manufacturer) does that is that it is safer. I know it is not as fast, but I'm used to a car that understeers some and want to keep my car that way, just with less body roll.

Fair enough... talk to King though, I think it is more important to have a good rear sway bar than the front.

Fair enough... talk to King though, I think it is more important to have a good rear sway bar than the front.
    I see where you are coming from, front sway is not on my list to do. There are members here who were not impressed with a front sway. Does hold some bling factor though

Originally posted by mlkelley68
    If you are getting old, then what the hell does that make me?:( :D
    You booking at La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West?
    Yeah, I was going to book through Expedia.
    Last edited by Peking; 01-11-2004 at 11:44 AM.

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar
    The front sway bar is already pretty beefy (25mm) I think. I just checked mine out yesterday when I was rotating my tires. Looks and feels sufficient to me.

I have the type S sway bar on mine and I love how I can slide the ass end of the car around corners.

If anything, I'd say get a strut tower bar if you want to stabelize the front more.

stock front sway may be big but i believe it is hollow...

i have both front and rear progress sways with eibach sportlines and neuspeed stb's. the car seemed to push quite a bit until i added -2 degrees of camber up front. now it's neutral and all four tires stay planted... not like a pissing dog...

i'm happy with mine! hope you enjoy yours as much as i do...
    Last edited by glw; 01-11-2004 at 12:55 PM.

Front sway is not something I would consider a benificial mod, that's just me. As some of you mentioned, the rear is where the changes are more evident and is what I did (22mm CTR). To each his/her own.;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information