81. You may not vote on this poll
  • JDM

64 79.01%
  • USDM

17 20.99%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    --= DReaMS oF JRSC =-- KingGreg86's Avatar

Type-R JDM or USDM

ok here is my delema(cant spell)...i am looking to get the type-r kit but im not sure if it is worth it to get the real jdm or just get the usdm. I have a replica bc on right now, and the problem is it comes a little to low for me to drive safly without chipping or scratching(lots of steep driveways and such). But i was thinking that the type-r kit probubly doesn't come down as low as the bc kit and the rounded edges will probubly help iwith inclines and what have u. Just wanted to get some opinions on what i should do. by the way im gonna be getting some 16's so the ride height should be a tad bit larger, so that will prolly help to. sry for the long winded thread but im really torn, and a value the opinion of my ephatch family:D ...

whats your drop. THe jdm bc front bumper shouldnt scrape.

my bad

should have stated better. ATM i have a replica bc kit with no drop, and the kit doesnt scrape most of the time, but in the case of a steep incline, like my own driveway:( , it does scrap a bit. I was just wondering if the replica type-r kit would hold up better or at least not take away as much ride height so i wont have to constintly saying to myself "not to fast, dont wanna scrape or chip the kit!"

JDM one is much more flush w/ the body. If you saw them side by side, you would see. The JDM one looks much better

MUCH better......

my bad

should have stated better. ATM i have a replica bc kit with no drop, and the kit doesnt scrape most of the time, but in the case of a steep incline, like my own driveway:( , it does scrap a bit. I was just wondering if the replica type-r kit would hold up better or at least not take away as much ride height so i wont have to constintly saying to myself "not to fast, dont wanna scrape or chip the kit!"

JDM one is much more flush w/ the body. If you saw them side by side, you would see. The JDM one looks much better

MUCH better......

Get the JDM. The USDM is fiberglass and will crack if you are rough on it.

whats with the multiple posts? but yea.. i must say without being to biased here, the JDM ones LOOK soooo much better.. the USDM bumpers stick out way to much and it just looks like the bumpers are overpowering the lips.. plus like JapanExpress said, they're not made out of fiberglass.. if you're willing to shed out that money.. go for the JDM.. JDM all the way.

and the jdm hangs just as low as the buddy club. only difference is if you get the genuine jdm kit, its gonna be urethane so its gonna be a lot stronger.

JDM for sure comes pre painted by factory so no matching color issues. the only thing I think is the side skirts they have plastic type socket things that our cars don't have the pre drilled holes for but you can use double sided sticky tape for that and pop out the plastic rivet things. other then this the only other problem with the JDM kit is the cost of the FRONT & Rear Bumpers that you must buy in order to fit the CTR kit not to mention those rebars that just look like 2 thin sheets of metal. How I see if you can afford it JDM is always the way to go. But if not USDM is alright. but if ur goign USDM I'd get the Mugen usdm version. Just my 2 cents. ;)

Originally posted by KeNnYtAkEr
    JDM for sure comes pre painted by factory so no matching color issues.
    The only color that is a match from the factory is black.

It comes in Silver and the milano red too. just not musatr yellow, white peral or the blue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information