Close

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    ok how many more people do we need i want a new tranny

justin a. parker

jaypark19@hotmail.com

grinding into 2nd from 1st

Khris Beever
    Gameboy98@citlink.net

my car has just now rolled over on 44,000 miles..... the only thing i have found to keep the tranny some what decent and this only last for about a week or two because we have an open engine bay of sorts....the problem really lyes in the shift linkage on top of the tranny....either the bushings go shot really quick or something of that nature.... i found if i WD-40 the shift linkage in the engine compartment it will keep it down for awhile just a quick fix for all those that are getting majorly pissed off by this, mine started at about 20,000 miles and i just got used to it.... Well hopefully this means something and we can get the trannys in these cars fix via new bushings or whole replacements.

3500 miles.missing,grinding 2nd.I want an A2 tranny now!

Travis LeBleu
    multi_flavored_bagel@yahoo.com

1st to 2nd grind...

Chris Moore
    CMscubaman@excite.com

James Maher
    Mascomiget6[at]yahoo.com

1st to 2nd and occasionally 3rd gear grind in daily driving and in spirited driving.Brand new car only 4,600 miles.
    Please help us honda
    Last edited by ImportCustomx; 04-20-2004 at 01:35 PM.

Involuntary Hibernation
    John Murphy
    oen8 [at] hotmail.com

ephatch member
    Placito Miceli
    jd_2_be [at] hotmail.com

I bought my '03 Si off of the showroom floor 1 week ago with 13 miles on it. It has had the problem since. If I try to change into 2nd from high rpm, it will grind. I have to let off for about a second for a smooth shift. Further, the '03 that I test drove with 150 miles had the same symptoms. I hope a recall is in the works, or at least a TSB.

i hope so too but it will suck if u got like an aftermarket clutch and shit cause i know honda is STRICT as hell about mods ! and i my shit pops outta 2nd sometimes and grinds 3rd like there aint no tomorrow !

Late Night IL E-thug BlackSi613nin's Avatar
    John McAuliffe

nineinchnails613[at]hotmail.com

this really sucks, i have the clutch all the way to the floor, and when i shift from 1-2nd.. it grinds.. most horrible ssound ever, and its NOT driver error... i want a new tranny =(

joHn

the first time i read this right when i got my ep3 i was like what???? no way my car shifts so smoothly, but now i have about 1600-1700 miles and i am starting to have grinds going into second whether I am reving it to 6k or just shifting @ 3500-4000. pist

geoffrey bunger
    lei_bung@yahoo.com

ephatch member

It's fun being a paralegal...

Well, I decided to write Honda about my tranny problems now and not wait longer (only had my car a week or so). Below is a copy of the letter I'm sending. You can replace the stuff in brackets to modify for your car. I would recommend sending this certified/return receipt requested (go to your post office, it will cost about $5). That way, you know that Honda received it and who signed for the letter. It fit on one page in word at 10pt for the body and 12pt for the sig and title. "VIA CERT... RETURN" is bold. "From the..", the date and your contact info at the bottom are bold and centered. Make sure that it looks good, though (lined up, etc...) lol...

From the Desk of
    [insert your name here]

April 26, 2004

VIA CERTIFIED MAIL
    RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED
    American Honda Motor Company, Inc.
    Honda Automobile Customer Service
    1919 Torrance Blvd.
    Mail Stop: 500-2N-7D
    Torrance, California 90501-2746

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter serves to inform you in no uncertain terms of an issue currently at hand with my [insert year] Honda Civic Si. More particularly, a transmission problem with the possibility of failure on a whole.

I purchased said vehicle on or about [date of purchase] from [dealer] in [city, state] with [number] miles. Upon purchase I noted that when shifting from [first] to [second] gear, at or below the allowed rated RPM of 6000 and with a fully depressed clutch pedal I was unable to complete the task without the accompaniment of gear noise unless a dramatic decrease in RPM is made. All other gears are accessible at the allowed rate of RPM without similar results.

As of now, this is not impacting the ability to change gears; rather, it impacts the ability to change from [first] to [second] gear as provided within the allowed range of RPM in an expedited manner,
    to wit; your advertised description vis-
    Last edited by penguin; 04-26-2004 at 11:56 AM.

Ed Caraballo
    Mail(at)Thesheeshman.com

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information