Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F20C1 Engine

F20C1 Engine

I have never seen a F20C1 engine but it looks like are K20A2-3. Has anybody looked into the posability of the engine mating to our tansmission and putting it in a EP.?

Just thinking. I want to do something to my 03-Si. eather a A2 swap, head only swap, or I dont know..

Joe

Re: F20C1 Engine

Originally posted by dobiejoe
    I have never seen a F20C1 engine but it looks like are K20A2-3. Has anybody looked into the posability of the engine mating to our tansmission and putting it in a EP.?

Just thinking. I want to do something to my 03-Si. eather a A2 swap, head only swap, or I dont know..

Joe
    What kind of cash do you want to throw down. I would love to see the S2000 motor in a EP, but for the money. Not wise IMO. A2 swap is best for the cost and is a safe bolt-on (when I mean safe, it is because it has been done quite a few times now). Just the A2 head has been done too. It would be cheaper than the whole A2 motor swap. Yet I feel that you have to do more when it comes to tuning, unlike just using a Type-S ecu like the motor swap. Then again I fear what I do not understand so hopefully someone like Adam will post here.

Jon

Go for the A2 swap, it's worth it!!!!!

After reading here on the head swop i'm leaning to just swop the whole thing. Now all I would have to do is get the keys coded and saw some shifter housing away. I do however like to compression of our bottom end for futer boost. But there are also good head gaskets out there and with a bloack guard would be the good on a A2 and lower it close to a A3. I just need to do something. I Want to start with the engine and make it strong. then either boost(15-20psi)+nos or JR supercharger(12psi)+nos.

I leaning towards
    A2 swop
    rods
    rings
    pistins
    turbo
    head job
    valves
    springs
    port+polish

and the intake, headers, pipe, cat back.

I want to do it all at once and get it done. Or hell just put in a f20 and boost it.

Isn't the S2000 rwd?? wouldn't that involve a little more than just engine swap??

Do the whole swap, and while you are at it throw on the turbo kit. Or just buy the K20A3 from Japan and go all motor along with clutch and tranny upgrades, with lsd.

K20A3 from Japan
    ??:confusem: :banana:??

I live my life Turbo Free
    Originally posted by chet
    Isn't the S2000 rwd?? wouldn't that involve a little more than just engine swap??
    yes, and no

it is RWD, but he was talking about taking the F20 and bolting it to a Si/RSX tranny. In theory it is possible because the F20 and K20 should have pretty identical external dimensions because they are very similar engines, however, the one problem i see for sure is that the RWD tranny may have a different bolt pattern than the FWD triannies. other than that, it shouldnt be *too* hard

It must be possible because there is a bolt on kit to put a 5.0 liter Ford GT-40 V8 engine inside of a focus and convert it to RWD. The kit costs 7000 bucks, and includes engine and everything.

Originally posted by VividDreams
    yes, and no

it is RWD, but he was talking about taking the F20 and bolting it to a Si/RSX tranny. In theory it is possible because the F20 and K20 should have pretty identical external dimensions because they are very similar engines, however, the one problem i see for sure is that the RWD tranny may have a different bolt pattern than the FWD triannies. other than that, it shouldnt be *too* hard
    Thanks for responding to my comment/question. I've had it in my head since this rush of drifting has come on the scene, to see a RWD EP throwing down 300whp to the rear wheels and being one serious drift monster.

If someone was serious about this swap and rwd conversion, what would really be involved? I'm truly curious.

I'd say just put in a small block chevy

Originally posted by chet
    Thanks for responding to my comment/question. I've had it in my head since this rush of drifting has come on the scene, to see a RWD EP throwing down 300whp to the rear wheels and being one serious drift monster.

If someone was serious about this swap and rwd conversion, what would really be involved? I'm truly curious.
    To much work and money for the average man. Need serious time and money for that one. Lots of work.

Well, there is really only a couple ways to get the drive shaft under the car is to either cut into the existing floor, or to lower the engine and have the shaft ride below the floor and then back up to the custom differential that needs to be made. Also, a whole new cooling system will need to be designed too.

BIG WASTE OF MONEY!!!!

GO OUT AND BUY A BEATER 240SX and drop a SR20DET IN IT FOR A TOTAL COST OF ABOUT 4000 BUCKS!!!!!!

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE
    its already been done..some hybrid garage company i found on the internet did it about 2 months ago, the K20 and the F20 have the EXACT same bolt patter for the tranny, and i believe the engine mounts are quite the same.....I think the future is F20's in our cars guys....I will try to find the website people who did the research;) :D

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE
    http://www.prototyperacing.com/f20kit.htm

they had to make there own bell housing....i was wrong.. its all gravy though:D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information