Close

ephatch member

Question What's the going rate for a spring install

i picked up the eibach pro kit and called a highly recommended local shop to inquire about an install. they quoted me at $395.00 for the spring install + alignment. i didn't expect it to be that much. does this sound like a fair price?

Still Around...
    It's free.

In your garage. It's really not that hard if you have a whole day to work on it.

Other than that. It's about $80 a corner here, so that sounds about right.

ephatch member

free

thanks! free would be cool, but i have a healthy fear of compressed springs. plus, though i'm not a total idiot, i don't really know what i'm doing, so it's prolly best left to the pros.

my roommate is a wannabe gearhead, and he won't go near it, i'm really starting to lose respect for the guy.

Still Around...
    but i have a healthy fear of compressed springs.
    I hear ya. I've heard many shop stories that went wrong. But, after tearing these apart, I think it's even possible to do without a compressor. If you pay some guy almost $400 to do these, he'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

I have also heard of some horror stories from getting springs done at a shop. We do have a "HOW TO" posted on here from Hondaman, you may want to check it out.

BTW, I'm thinking I will do mine myself if I ever get springs, but after I will need a wheel alignment. What is the average cost of an alignment?

ephatch member

alignment

i would guess 70 bucks or so.

Still Around...
    i would guess 70 bucks or so.
    For a 4 wheel alignment. Just the fronts is about $40. It really depends on what type of springs you use and how well you install them. Because technically just bringing a car down should not throw off toe. But, in most cases it does. I still don't have an alignment done to my car after the GC install about a month ago.

Yeah, I got quotes from $200-$300 including alignment. Got my Progress springs installed at a local import mod shop for $100 with no alignment done or really needed yet.

Check out my "How To" here:
    http://www.pryor.ws/honda/gallery1.htm

uh... $300+ for a spring install?? is that including the springs??? cuz in cali, they're like $50-150 for install.

Thread Information