Close

Thread: my window tint

my window tint

I just took my car to this place to get the windows tinted. I was planning on lowering the car first and all but I met a dude last night that said he'd do it cheap, $150, for all the windows and the place has a real good rap, I was planning it on taking it there when I was ready.

so i took it there this morning and they only go as dark as 35% on the front and 20% on the back. So I got that done. What do you guys think? Should I have held out for something a little darker?

Maybe it'll be good this way, the dudes in their other cars will get a little peek at who's beatin' em

It's all about preference. I prefer darker for myself, but a lighter tint also looks good. Note that your tint is not the lightest though, especially in the back.

Again, this is all abour preferences, and in some cases "State/Province Laws".

ssvr6
    Yeah, it's a good shop because he's following local laws probably.

I got 15% all around and in south FL, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Steve

yeah i know there are laws i think you can go darker in PA than 35% I belive.. I think I'll like the not so dark tint, I'll try and take pictures when I get it back but its rainy and shitty today.. if not ill take em on the next nice day.. thanks for your opinions guys

DC02Si
    I prefer darker or the half chrome, half smoke tint. I see that stuff everywhere though.

ephatch member
    the lowest we can go here in NC is 35% 'cause we have to pass inspections every year !$%!#$%$#^%&. please post some pics, i'm curious to see how it looks.

JDM TOOL
    I live in Kansas City, and the darkest we can have our tint is 35%....it sucks but hey what can ya do???

sorry i completely forgot about the pics i'll get them up tomorrow!! it just dried up completely and it looks real nice they did a good job no bubbles on the front windows and i'll check the back ones tomorrow.

Mad as hell

I can't freakin believe that I got pulled over for having too dark of tint. I was at on the OSU campus and get pulled over by 2 cops in a conversion van. I thought that I had 35%, it tested at 29% and I got a gosh darn ticket for it. It's almost as if he had nothin else better to do.
    oink oink

Originally posted by DC02Si
    I prefer darker or the half chrome, half smoke tint. I see that stuff everywhere though.
    IMO that stuff is pretty 90's. People drivin around in malibu's etc (nothing wrong with a malibu, just came to mind...) Just people tryin to pimp it in their wanna be lowriders, boi...

ephatch member
    hey richard, where in philly did you get your tint done? (name address etc) I live in philly & want to get mine done to but most places I've checked are too expensive. Let me know. thanks.

I got 5% all the way around. I think I'm gonna change the front to 15% though. It's pretty damn dark.

ep_k20a3
    here in NY anything darker than stock is tech. illegal....that shit sucks dont it....:'(

ephatch member
    nice pics

Yeah mine was already tinted when I bought it... 35% on the sides and something a bit darker on the rear.. I'm guessin 20%. I'm fixing to get it removed and get 5% all around. The shop that is doin' it for a friend and I are hooking us up w/ a good deal and a place to get inspection passed w/o a problem. We live on the North side of SA town :D... I don't think worrying about tickets should be a problem.

Thread Information