Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

aux input

Originally posted by Si4U2NV
    im glad u asked, :winkm:.
    how do you remove the headunit?
    ever hear of an auxillary input converter? itz so awesome, itz this thing that plugs into ur stock headunit where the CD changer from honda WOULD go, and out of it 2 RCAs come out, i have those 2 RCAs connected to a RCA to headfonejack plug and that plug goin into my iPod (or laptop, or CD player, or ANYTHING... :smilem: )

coolest thing EVER, workz AWESOME.

This website ( http://shop.store.yahoo.com/logjam/index.html ) has two of them, one made by P.I.E. for 49.95 + shipping, and one made by Blitzsafe for 69.95 + shipping...

i bought the P.I.E. one-- i think the part number is: HONAUX. simple install, great quality piece.

-Mike

PS-lemme know if u want to know or see anything else...

sorry messed up

Re: sorry messed up

Originally posted by bobbyp74
    HERE

Everyone with a Pioneer head unit, this is what you need!!!

http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item.pl?sku=PIOCDRB10

It took me some time to figure it out, but when you get this cable, it's a snap. You connect it to the back where the changer would plug in (IP-Bus). Then connect a cable with two RCA jacks on one end and a headphone mini-plug on the other to your iPod.

IMPORTANT: Make sure AUX is turned on on your head unit by pressing "function" with the head unit off. It took me two days to figure this out

Thumbs up Great iPod site

I found this, and I think you guys will be really interested:

All possible ways of installing an iPod in your car

Pics of 2 installs into CTR using the ipod ICE Link at http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/...ic.php?t=19330

Question OEM + Aux-in

Since Alpine makes the factory headunit (and I'm a cheapskate )- anyone know if one of these less expensive aux cables could be used?

Alpine KCA-121B $15

The factory radio does not have that type of plug, so it will not work. The only way to add aux in on stock head unit is to buy either the Blitzsafe or PIE adapter.

Originally posted by Surprise
    The factory radio does not have that type of plug, so it will not work. The only way to add aux in on stock head unit is to buy either the Blitzsafe or PIE adapter.
    yup... it uses a clip (or harness...thing...)

i forgot this was a mod... i got so used to it...

-Mike

Originally posted by Si4U2NV
    i bought the P.I.E. one-- i think the part number is: HONAUX. simple install, great quality piece.

-Mike

PS-lemme know if u want to know or see anything else...
    Quick question -- how do you select the auxiliary input as a source?

I'll either go with one of those or with Denison's ICELink. I'd really like the track up/down function that the ICELink allows, but not sure whether it's worth an extra $150. I'd also like the Alpine iPod system due this summer, especially since you'd be able to browse the menu system from the head itself.

Don't bother with FM transmitters.

FM modulators may work well enough when you consider that the frequency range of compressed audio isn't much different from the best FM reception.

Originally posted by BarracksSi
    Quick question -- how do you select the auxiliary input as a source?
    You simply hit the cd/changer button, the deck toggles between the cd changer(now aux in) and cd player. The display reads Disc:1 track:99 if I remember correctly.

I'M SO HAPPY... lol

I got my PIE adapter today, and hooked it up to the stock head. I plugged into the headphone output of my iPod, and it sounded okay. But, there was this "bzz.. bzz.." noise that just got annoying. So, I decided to get some more stuff at the Apple store.

I got a Belkin auto adapter and TuneDock, and plugged the same patch cable into the power adapter's line level output.

BINGO :D :D :D

Good sound, plenty loud enough for quiet stuff, and the Belkin's volume dial is good for making things reasonable. It's a tad noisy, but a ground loop isolator will probably help. At the moment, the audio coming from the Belkin adapter can be turned up loud enough to pretty much negate any noise problems.

No more annoying rhythmic buzzing, either, because the power adapter serves as a ground for the iPod. Without the adapter, and without using the PIE's blue ground wire, there wasn't a proper ground, and the buzzing was the resulting symptom.

I also got a Monster Cable miniplug-to-RCA cable, and in the car, it was noisier than an extra cable that also had a noise-reducing magnet. I was planning on using it at home anyway, but the extra noise surprised me.

The cable in the car also has a 90-degree miniplug, which is great for the tight space around the power adapter.

TEN DAYS of music in my car -- finally!

most head units

most hed units either have a soft aux in like some sonys
    ot you have to use a cbr10 i think on pioneers or cbr20
    converts ip bus to rca inputs
    kenwoods have i think 5 wire to rca inputs
    same for alpine
    some jvcs have a mp3 input on the front of the unit mini phono jack
    if its a honda
    use a blitz safe adapter
    most foriegn cars you can get a blitzsafe cable for
    as long as the radio is changer capable
    hoped this helped

Originally posted by BarracksSi
    I'M SO HAPPY... lol

I got my PIE adapter today, and hooked it up to the stock head. I plugged into the headphone output of my iPod
    :smilem: cool, now therez two of us (or three? does surprise have it?)

weird tho, i get the "Bzz... Bzz..." sound only when the iPod is UNPLUGGED... meh... w/e workz...

:winkm:

-Mike

Yeah, that intermittent buzzing is probably coming from the lack of a ground connection. It won't matter whether the plug is connected to the iPod (without power adapter) or just hanging free. As long as a ground is somehow not being made, then it'll do that noise.

I'm going to pick up a ground loop isolator at some point, and reroute the audio cables through the inside part of the center console. For now, I just pushed them under the edge back to the cupholder area, and the miniplug end comes up for the connection.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information