Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do i fix this?

Do i just use some high temp glue or something?:(

Try some type of clear adhesive, maybe that is made by 3M. i heard of this happening to some other people to. Spoon kinda sux when it comes to this happening. :( Sorry that happened to you man, hope this helped you out.

ephatch member
    the spoon radiator cap is just a regular one with the sticker on there? i expected better quality, how much did you pay for it?

Maybe some industrial strength adhesive like E6000 in the grey tube would help...that stuff is the shit...holds everything...I use it around my house all the time. They have it at most hardware stores/home improvement stores...good luck man...
    Oh and ...btw...use a very small amount...a good thin layer on anything if you use this glue...both things you want to glue though, one on sticker one on cap...helps hold it better. Good Luck :D
    The Original Noob with Boobs

Originally posted by mrfixit687
    the spoon radiator cap is just a regular one with the sticker on there? i expected better quality, how much did you pay for it?
    I think my girl paid like 40 for it..i think:(

I have sitting infront of me High Tech seam sealer. Bonds to high solids paints, seals wet or dry surfaces, flexible will not harden, shrink, or crack...should i use that or something else?:(

I have contact SSUSA thru AOl...but no responce, must be a really busy day there.

Doublesided tape will work.

Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
    Doublesided tape will work.
    ok i am gonna try that

CA adhesive

If you are into modeling and have some CA adhesive lying around try it. If you never used it, let me give you one word of advice: "DO NOT GET IT ON YOUR HANDS" I have heard of people glueing two fingers together and unable to pull them apat without losing some skin. I use CA to glue rubber tires onto plastic rims for my Nitro burning RC. It holds pretty good, considering i can do 360

I'm not trying to make light of your situation here, but IMO this is what happens when people automatically assume that Spoon (and other companies of their "caliber") is somehow better quality.

That really blows. :(

Re: CA adhesive

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blueiedgod
    [B]If you are into modeling and have some CA adhesive lying around try it. If you never used it, let me give you one word of advice: "DO NOT GET IT ON YOUR HANDS" I have heard of people glueing two fingers together and unable to pull them apat without losing some skin. I use CA to glue rubber tires onto plastic rims for my Nitro burning RC. It holds pretty good, considering i can do 360

When you talk about quality the cap is still fully functional its the spoon bling thats not working

Originally posted by dtexan
    When you talk about quality the cap is still fully functional its the spoon bling thats not working
    correct, and an OEM part would still be functioning perfectly as well. It looks like spoon just slapped their logo on a blank rad. cap.

Re: Re: CA adhesive

Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
    Damn didnt even think of that. I know i have some glue around, i am making a RS4 EP car.;)
    Hey where did you find the EP body? I have HPI RS4 that I have had for a little over a year. I just upgraded it to 2 speed tranny this summer. This is the third body, what can I say, I crash alot! She needs a new body and I have been looking for EP3 body, no one seems to have it. I even considered getting a Focus RS body and modifying, but could not find one with 200 mm width.

I suggest two things...

-or-

have you guys ever heard of cool chem??? that stuff works really well
    my bad... i think its kool kem
    Last edited by dofu; 02-03-2004 at 06:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information