Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tein Coil Over

Originally posted by spoonek4

If u just want a slammed ride look then don't waste your money on TEIN. Get some coilover spring kit which cost a lot less.
    oh, ok, so then i guess Tein is just an EXPENSIVE set of coilovers. why waste your $$ on coilovers and feel like you're driving offroad all the time? just buying any cheap coilovers isn't what i suggest. Tein has full height adjustability and 24-way adjustability, so you can have your ride SLAMMED & RIDE AS SOFT AS STOCK!;)

spoonek4
    First of all, I just meant that if u want a slammed LOOK, then some ground control sort of coilover spring kits can provide what u want. He doesn't need to spend that much of money on a set of TEIN/Buddy Club/ZEAL coilovers etc when he is not going to lapping days or auto-x etc. He can simply spend the extra money on something else.

Although that's what I won't do for sure since I go auto-x and track days with my civic.

And are u talking about TEIN SS? If u're, then u have to sacrifice your suspension travel when u get the lowest ride. I won't get TEIN HR myself if it's not DIRRRRRRT cheap. I bought it used. It doesn't worth much once ppl know they'll rust up like crazy.

Now I'm targeted on a set of ZEAL Super Function. Or Buddy Club racing spec dampers. At least something that's stroke adjustable, big piston size(42mm up)so I don't have to worry about suspension travel.

JayDMep
    I got the tein ss kit installed yesterday along with a set of gram-lites (pics soon) And i love it, the ride is great and it handles like a champ best mod yet!
    -jay

spoonek4
    Originally posted by JayDMep
    I got the tein ss kit installed yesterday along with a set of gram-lites (pics soon) And i love it, the ride is great and it handles like a champ best mod yet!
    -jay
    I like gramlites a lot too. Pretty light and affordable I guess.

ephatch member
    cant wait to see the pics

FYI, Fizz quoted me $1990 for Tein Flex suspension w/EDFC. Let me know if anyone has found a better deal.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JayDMep
    -jay
    [/QUOTE
    i can wait for the pics either

ephatch member
    I'm curious if the EDFC fitting problems with our limited engine space are worked out ok?

Also, does the Flex setup rust too easily?

That's my dream setup, Flex plus EDFC but if the EDFC doesn't fit then that's a problem =P

Registered User Fizz Autosports's Avatar
    Flex with EDFC is worked out for your EPs now :) they have a different EDFC unit which is used to fit in with your limited space

also other then the HA units the rest of the tein line was coated to prevent rusting that is why most HA units were replaced by the SS
    Last edited by Fizz Autosports; 05-05-2003 at 02:04 PM.

how bout the TEIN Basic? Any word on that?

ephatch member
    It depends on which gram lights you get. The one piece are about 250 per wheel for 17x7 and the 2 piece which is even lighter is around 350. Pretty soon I will be getting a set of Tein Type flex and the Volk GT-C's on my SI and I'll let everyone know what I think of them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information