Close

To Progress Rear Sway/Tie owners

Is there a way to tell the correct way to install the bar(not backwards)before you do the install? I do not want to install it and then have to remove/reinstall because I put it on wrong the first time. I have read where it will ride stiff, bounce, make noise etc. if installed incorrectly. I would like to install it right the first time. Any help is appreciated.

rook

If it is on backwards, the endlinks that you hook the sway bar up to will be at a aggressive angle, pointing towards the front of the car. Correct way, they will still be pointing towards the front of the car, but not at nearly an aggressive angle. HTH

Also if you do put it on wrong, like me (idiot). You will know right away, from a very bouncy ride. Good luck. Its easy, when done right.

Dunrick,

Thanks for the information. This should make it easy to tell if it is on right.

rook

Progress install went smooth as silk today. This was a fairly easy install, took about 45 minutes from start to finish. I did it with the car off of the ground, and the rear tires removed. I used loctite and the proper torque specs to prevent any loose hardware.

rook

Do you like it? Mine is still waiting in my bedroom..

The car feels real tight now. I also installed a front tower brace, and a rear upper brace at the same time. Definitely less understeer, and less body roll. The car shoots out of turns instead of plowing through them. Well it would "shoot" out of turns if it was fast!

rook
    Last edited by rook; 02-18-2004 at 09:25 PM.

Less oversteer? :crym:

Thread Information