Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Re: Re: To all that blame the ep transmission

Originally posted by !@#$%
    jaydub: "Then I have to ask the obvious: Why did you even take it off the lot?"
    I actualy didn't drive it all the much the first week and a half I had it. I also asked my friends and they said it may need to break in a little before it's all smoothed out. And in all fairness it has gotten a little bit better. Still not good, but better.

ep3hatchattack: "I love my Tranny........ No problems here after 12,000 miles."
    fishboy: "my tranny is cool too. no problems in 45k + miles."
    ATRIOT: "No problems here either."
    Again not everyone has trouble with this.

Ask the people with tranny problems, i guess
    You have to at least admit to the possibility it could be the car? I'll admit it could be some of the drivers.

I'm sorry you got a lemon.
    She's good aside from the tranny :).

[B]This is the first yr model for k series motor and trannies. I expected bugs when I bought the car. I am fortunate.
    I have an 03 the second year they've made the motor / tranny. You'd think they'd work out any bugs from the 02?

Definitely. If it is my fault, I will own up to it. If it really is the design then you can bet, I won't be making petitions and would be calling american honda myself going through each hassle along the way.
    If I killed it, I'd be the first to say as well, but I'm innocient.

Savesteve: "I am 100% the EP has some kind of factory problem with the tranny."

So are you. :D
    Again just my and your 2c
    Last edited by savesteve; 02-09-2004 at 04:15 PM.

Well you must have missed the sentence in the very first post that said, " I'm not trying to say that everyone who has tranny problems can't drive"
    Whoops, I read the thread about bad trannies causing regrets in buying the EP before I read this one. In that thread, some people were saying those of us with tranny problems needed to learn to drive.

you're all a bunch of idiots who don't know how to drive a manual. How's that? :D

before anyone's panties get bunched, I am just kidding.

Originally posted by Mugen Power
    Whoops, I read the thread about bad trannies causing regrets in buying the EP before I read this one. In that thread, some people were saying those of us with tranny problems needed to learn to drive.
    Geez, the whole "learn to drive thing" shouldn't be taken so harshly. Unless you are not confident in your driving. Man like I said before, some folks just get to worked up over something that isn't a big deal. It is times like this when I really miss Dobbs, and Zero hasn't been posting to much either.

Another thing to remember guys is that you might be causing it and aren't even aware of it. A great example of this is my first car. it was a porsche 914, 73 model. My dad went through 3 clutches in ~45k miles. I didn't go through any cluches at all in 30k miles of ownership, and the car was 20 years old when I got it.

Turns out he has a tendency to rest his foot on the clutch...

Originally posted by Peking
    Geez, the whole "learn to drive thing" shouldn't be taken so harshly. Unless you are not confident in your driving. Man like I said before, some folks just get to worked up over something that isn't a big deal. It is times like this when I really miss Dobbs, and Zero hasn't been posting to much either.
    Yeah, but who likes being criticized by someone who's not around to see what the deal is? You and others might be saying that because you're sick of hearing all the complaints about a tranny that you're not having trouble with. But all of us are sick of feeling what we are from this tranny.

Besides, I doubt that I'm doing anything wrong because I get the crunch even when shifting granny style, all slow and at low RPM and ALWAYS with clutch fully depressed. Who knows, maybe some of us are driving wrong and have no reason to complain but saying they need to learn how to drive won't HELP them learn how to drive. Maybe you should give a little direction on where or how to learn or just not reply at all if these tranny complaint threads are bothering you.

And, no, I'm not trying to start an argument or debate.

Yeah, but who likes being criticized by someone who's not around to see what the deal is? You and others might be saying that because you're sick of hearing all the complaints about a tranny that you're not having trouble with. But all of us are sick of feeling what we are from this tranny.

Besides, I doubt that I'm doing anything wrong because I get the crunch even when shifting granny style, all slow and at low RPM and ALWAYS with clutch fully depressed. Who knows, maybe some of us are driving wrong and have no reason to complain but saying they need to learn how to drive won't HELP them learn how to drive. Maybe you should give a little direction on where or how to learn or just not reply at all if these tranny complaint threads are bothering you.

What I thought was funny when I was at the auto show I was at the Arura area and they knew what I was talking about with are trasns so well since they got a recall and we did not even though the part that was recalled is the same in both of are cars.

Yeah, please excuse my post earlier in this thread. Your right I am not there. Yet it is very possible that it is the case with some. The tranny must be broken in like the motor. I have seen others with new cars, turn them into money pits. Not saying that is the case with you guys, but it could be possible. I have done the best that I know we my shifting, and it might not feel anywhere close to what it felt like the day I drove it off the lot. Yet I understand that things don't last forever (not saying this directly towards anyone). So with natual wear and tear, the tranny isn't gonna feel the same. My friends 03 Type-S is still pretty much brand new. Yet from the day we drove it from the dealer to now. He is harder on it then I was with mine, and it shows with the shifts. Also we have threads on forms of driving. Just got to look, so do other forums ;)
    Last edited by Peking; 02-09-2004 at 09:19 PM.

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE

Re: To all that blame the ep transmission

I believe honda is not the one to blame. Sure there are a few bad apples to account for, however I think this is a great tranny. Ask yourself if the tranny did it when you took it off the lot, and then think about the way you drive the car. Most of us probably drive it hard frequently; what it was meant to do.

I just don't understand how everyone has these problems, and mine has none. This also applies to any squeaking etc. My tranny is still as smooth as the day I bought it.

The real reason I think everyone is having problems, is the fact that because of the position, the si synchros may be more susceptible to short/long term damage due to everyone slamming gears. The traditional floor mount might make things a little less strenuous on the tranny when shifting gets harsh. I dunno. It just bugs me that everyone tries to make a petition to get free stuff from honda. (new synchros/trannies)

I know some will say, i've graduated through racing school and I know how to drive. I'm not trying to say that everyone who has tranny problems can't drive, but try and remember that we don't have a racing transmission. We have an aggressively geared 'civic' transmission. Harder shifting is usually slower than a smoother coordinated shift.

Im off the soapbox. Thanks for all who read this far, because it will more than likely stir up a lot of commotion and flaming instead of open-minded delegation and reasoning-- what ep hatch used to be.

-Alex :)
    "I" this "I " that.....just shut your hole....:p

Re: Re: To all that blame the ep transmission

Originally posted by Siman
    "I" this "I " that.....just shut your hole....:p
    You just proved the last sentence in his post...

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE
    as you may remember, i had mine replaced 3 times, the dealer just couldnt rebuild the thing right....Mine "was defently a warranty" as one of the tech guys said. The other honda service guys that saw my car could not believe how "crappy" as one guy stated the synchros were, they are made of weak brass.....also, after my car was fixed, a friend of mine that has a silver 2002 ep3 brought his in with the same problem and also had his warranty'd. The dealership thought i was bs'ing at first, but after all this, they new there assumptions were wrong, there product was failing...

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE

Re: Re: Re: To all that blame the ep transmission

Originally posted by jaydub
    You just proved the last sentence in his post...
    dont even start with me.......

Re: Re: Re: Re: To all that blame the ep transmission

Originally posted by Siman
    dont even start with me.......
    Oh boo hoo. Crybaby sally

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE
    "Thanks for all who read this far, because it will more than likely stir up a lot of commotion and flaming instead of open-minded delegation and reasoning"

he new that he may be wrong, since himself has not been in the particular situation that others have had with their particular transmission problems. Once you have battled with Honda for 6 months and dealing with a crappy tranny, you yourself might understand where the flaming comes from;)

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: To all that blame the ep transmission

Originally posted by jaydub
    Oh boo hoo. Crybaby sally
    whaaaaaaaaaaat???? that made no sence. End of discussion

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information