Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Nevermind. What i mean is that instead of you posting a worthwhile rebuttal to his opinion, you just told him to "shut his hole."

Originally posted by Siman
    "Thanks for all who read this far, because it will more than likely stir up a lot of commotion and flaming instead of open-minded delegation and reasoning"

he new that he may be wrong, since himself has not been in the particular situation that others have had with their particular transmission problems. Once you have battled with Honda for 6 months and dealing with a crappy tranny, you yourself might understand where the flaming comes from;)
    He was stating in his own opinion. It was good the dealer fixed yours, or attemped to.

Originally posted by Siman
    whaaaaaaaaaaat???? that made no sence. End of discussion
    Sense :D

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE
    I was typing quick hehehehe.

I understand his defense statment. I was stating my opinion and basis of my opinion;)

and yse the shut your hole remark may have been much....but if you were to step inside my shoes...

I drive my car 120 miles daily. It is almost exactly one year old and has 31000 miles on it. I drive the crap out of it and I drive it pretty stupid. Hard acceleration, skipping gears, downshifting wrong, etc. And I have had absolutely ZERO problems with the tranny. During the Summer last year it made some odd rubber-against-metal-rubbing noises but I just attributed that to the extreme heat (often over 105) and was mostly right. When the temp started to drop, the noise went away. And I haven't had another problem. No mis-shifts, no grinding, nada. I think the problems you have may be caused a little by where you live and how you drive, but Honda wouldn't put a piss-poor transmission in something with an "Si" badge. Think about it. Your company has a car model with a heritage of performance and racing, would you build it with a crappy trans. to cut costs?

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE
    I have 32,560 mile on mine. Drive backroads, fast but not abrupt shifting. never misshifted. I learnd to drive with a manual tranny in a 200 HP fwd 1993 nissan maxima. It had over 120,000 miles on it already. We put another 50+K miles on it before my dad bought me and my brother a 2002 SE-R spec-V. Those two cars had AWSOME transmission feel, and awsome response. Never ever had one tranny problem. until my brother got an rsx-s and i got an si. His tranny as the service manager said "catastrophically faild". He is a slow putting around type driver. His synchros broke, thus making him misshift and subsequently snapping the shiffter fork! It was NOT his fault. Then my Si crapped out on me finally. We both had warranty's My brothers type-s only had 14,000 miles on it too!

how do you explain this??

To my knowledge some people just dont feel like posting there car problems on here. Heck, i was ridiculed by many others on hear about my "driving skills...". if you saw what i saw, my tranny fully apart on a work bench at my honda dealership, you would be thinking the same way i do about the synchros. THEY SUCK.

P.S. Why do you think honda put Carbon Steel sychros in the New S2000?
    They had a WARRANTY on the 1st gen. s2000 for god sakes.

Originally posted by Vierge99
    Think about it. Your company has a car model with a heritage of performance and racing, would you build it with a crappy trans. to cut costs?
    I dunno, maybe the same reason our car has Mac struts up front instead of wishbones?

Originally posted by Mugen Power
    I dunno, maybe the same reason our car has Mac struts up front instead of wishbones?
    BMW M3 (E36) had macpherson struts up front, as does the Porsche Boxster. That's a cop out.

Originally posted by jaydub
    BMW M3 (E36) had macpherson struts up front, as does the Porsche Boxster. That's a cop out.
    I knew one of you would come in and say that but the point is, Honda's been touting the fact that they have wishbones in their economy cars for A LONG TIME. That was one of their many claims to fame. BMW and Porsche haven't been slapping wishbones on their cars so that's not a valid argument on your part. Besides, Honda even admits that going to Mac struts was a cost-cutting measure.

It might've been a cost cutting measure, but it hasn't hurt the performance in any way, shape, or form. The only thing is HAS done was make doing suspension work a bit more costly, and even that difference is negligible.

Regardless of how insignificant it may seem to you (or how much better these new cars would be with wishbones ;) ), I was just responding to the thread above about cost cutting. Marketing people could care less about the prestige of the Si nameplate. They're just using it to make money and if costs go up in making it, their profit will be lower. And besides, it's just something Honda thought they could get away with without getting a lot of the negative feedback that's around now. Obviously, they can't get away from that with everyone nor can they get away with the fact that the MSRP for this car is too high. :p

Originally posted by Mugen Power
    Regardless of how insignificant it may seem to you (or how much better these new cars would be with wishbones ;) ), I was just responding to the thread above about cost cutting. Marketing people could care less about the prestige of the Si nameplate. They're just using it to make money and if costs go up in making it, their profit will be lower. And besides, it's just something Honda thought they could get away with without getting a lot of the negative feedback that's around now. Obviously, they can't get away from that with everyone nor can they get away with the fact that the MSRP for this car is too high. :p
    MSRP at 19,000 isn't that bad. Considering how high dealer mark up was for the SVT focus, and their MSRP was much lower when I was first shopping around. Also GTI MSRP was lower than the SI too, yet supply of 5 speeds were not to be found once again when I was shopping (I am also talking about what was brand new at the time, the 02's then, I didn't want to buy used).

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE
    all in all its a great car for the MONEY....you get what you pay for.;)

A wonderful 5-speed A3 tranny will be up for grabs shortly, almost sad to let it go.:(

ephatch member
    I find that statement that the owners of the EP's dont know how to drive or should have never taken the car off the lot a line of BS, I worked for a Honda Dealer for 2 1/2 yrs and I can tell you a few things about it, first off the 2000 s2000 had mad transmission problems to the point where honda started replacing and rebuilding those trans(I know i owned a 2003), since 2001 on up the RSX and EP3 have had a ton of trans problems, Honda knows of these problems but you have to look at the cost of repairing of replacing 15,000 transmissions, they did them in the s2000's because it is a limited production vehicle not like a rsx-s or a ep. I as well as various honda service tech's and service writers know of the problem yet are told to DENY DENY DENY the problem just like medical insurance claims personel!!!!! It is like innocent till proven guilty which is hard to do. I see that the transmission post is a good way to go about it, but just like the later Generation 2 dsm's with crank walk problems just outside of there warranty with Mitsubishi, got nothing!!! It is hard to force a manufacturer to repair or replace soemthing unless the owners lives are in jeopardy.

Originally posted by jdmpwr
    I find that statement that the owners of the EP's dont know how to drive or should have never taken the car off the lot a line of BS, I worked for a Honda Dealer for 2 1/2 yrs and I can tell you a few things about it, first off the 2000 s2000 had mad transmission problems to the point where honda started replacing and rebuilding those trans(I know i owned a 2003), since 2001 on up the RSX and EP3 have had a ton of trans problems, Honda knows of these problems but you have to look at the cost of repairing of replacing 15,000 transmissions, they did them in the s2000's because it is a limited production vehicle not like a rsx-s or a ep. I as well as various honda service tech's and service writers know of the problem yet are told to DENY DENY DENY the problem just like medical insurance claims personel!!!!! It is like innocent till proven guilty which is hard to do. I see that the transmission post is a good way to go about it, but just like the later Generation 2 dsm's with crank walk problems just outside of there warranty with Mitsubishi, got nothing!!! It is hard to force a manufacturer to repair or replace soemthing unless the owners lives are in jeopardy.
    Yeah, nothing most of us already don't know. Once again, think about the ratio of folks who have a huge enough problem. That they take theirs to the dealer, compared to those who are just saying stuff. Yet chances are they might not have taken theirs in. Your last sentance is sadly so true. Fight Club comes to mind. Then again you have what happened to Ally (bratkat). Great example why not to let your friends drive your SI.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information