Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    No problems here...drives fine and I drive hard most of the time, just a rare misshift (on my part) here and there.

Originally posted by Peking
    Yeah, nothing most of us already don't know. Once again, think about the ratio of folks who have a huge enough problem. That they take theirs to the dealer, compared to those who are just saying stuff. Yet chances are they might not have taken theirs in. Your last sentance is sadly so true. Fight Club comes to mind. Then again you have what happened to Ally (bratkat). Great example why not to let your friends drive your SI.
    I, for one, am not just saying stuff. I've taken it in to two separate dealers at different mileage; two times to one dealer and one time to another. So I guess they're doing a good job of listening to their superiors to deny any problems.

why even write a thread that revolves around so much controversy? stop trying to get attention

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE
    Originally posted by Peking
    Yeah, nothing most of us already don't know. Once again, think about the ratio of folks who have a huge enough problem. That they take theirs to the dealer, compared to those who are just saying stuff. Yet chances are they might not have taken theirs in. Your last sentance is sadly so true. Fight Club comes to mind. Then again you have what happened to Ally (bratkat). Great example why not to let your friends drive your SI.
    this is what i am saying

Originally posted by bao_pay
    why even write a thread that revolves around so much controversy? stop trying to get attention
    so hopefully we can have one centralized thread instead of 2349876325 other ones laying around everywhere.

I have no use for attention on this board. I read more than I post.

Ah come on alex we all know your an attention hog lol oh yeah on a side note i'm installing some progress springs with darkhatch this week

progress springs, u will love them. i have used them on diminishing roads for over a yr now and the shocks are still strong

Yeah I cant wait to get them installed. We are going to install them friday afternoon. I just hope we get them back together without any noises.

Originally posted by Siman
    I have 32,560 mile on mine. Drive backroads, fast but not abrupt shifting. never misshifted. I learnd to drive with a manual tranny in a 200 HP fwd 1993 nissan maxima. It had over 120,000 miles on it already. We put another 50+K miles on it before my dad bought me and my brother a 2002 SE-R spec-V. Those two cars had AWSOME transmission feel, and awsome response. Never ever had one tranny problem. until my brother got an rsx-s and i got an si. His tranny as the service manager said "catastrophically faild". He is a slow putting around type driver. His synchros broke, thus making him misshift and subsequently snapping the shiffter fork! It was NOT his fault. Then my Si crapped out on me finally. We both had warranty's My brothers type-s only had 14,000 miles on it too!

how do you explain this??

To my knowledge some people just dont feel like posting there car problems on here. Heck, i was ridiculed by many others on hear about my "driving skills...". if you saw what i saw, my tranny fully apart on a work bench at my honda dealership, you would be thinking the same way i do about the synchros. THEY SUCK.

P.S. Why do you think honda put Carbon Steel sychros in the New S2000?
    They had a WARRANTY on the 1st gen. s2000 for god sakes.
    I thought it was carbon fiber composite synchros? And I thought it was just so they could go from a triple cone to a single cone design. . . .

IMO, honda makes some of the best synchros in the industry. Collectively, honda transmissions are some of the best in the industry. Nissan FWD owners would LOVE to have transmissions that don't self destruct when exposed to high HP.

I really don't know what to say about the problems everyone has been having with the k20 transmissions. Mine has 70k+ miles on it as i've said before, and is still excellent. I chirp 2nd & 3rd sometimes with 225/50/15 tires and the tranny begs for more.

I'm currently rebuilding an RSX-s tranny, and I must say that the internals on it are quite beefy. the final drive has teeth that are over 1" in width. the internals are designed to take some serious HP.

they just dont make things like they used to, thats why you gotta get a 3rd gen prelude, lol jk, not very much aftermarket support, but its still sweet, im keeping it forever. all this talk about these trannies is makin me wonder if i really want a civic si? it will be my first manual car(not to steal the thread)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information