Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    creator of ephatch DownTheHatch's Avatar

Tie bar and strut bar installed

The car handles like a dream with the new tie bar. I can now take just about any corner, the only tire screeching I get is from the front tires. I will look into getting a front strut bar next.

It's amazing, I reccomend these inexpensive mods to anyone. You can get the tie bar and rear strut bar off of ebay for around $12 each.

I'll get pics tomorrow.

i have the strut bar but how did the tye bar install go i just orderd one

Found out why my tires were chirping on corners, they were under inflated. I pumped them up to 35 pounds each and now the car handles even better.

nice! i too got one for 12.00 off ebay (rear strut bar) did you also buy the rear stabilizer bar? or the front strut tower bar? thanks --joe

ps- try to post some pics when you can !

02si
    What is the install like
    I have a leased car.

punkdork
    What can you tell me about the tie bar? I've got the strut brace but my last car was a Maxima and they didn't have a tie bar available (probably due to the suspension setup). What does it do and how tough is the install? :)

undaground knowledge
    is there enough clearance between the bar and the axle so that you can rotate the shaft to torque it down?

i just got my strut bar in.. feels kinda on the heavy side. ill let u know how the install goes

yup just got my strut bar yesterday, now i'm waiting on the tie bar. how fun.

oh, DTH, i was wondering if this was the tie bar you got also because i won this auction and want to make sure this is the right one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1864400006

yea that is the right one. i personally paid more money and got the one for DC. you get what you pay for in my opinion

It's made of billet aluminum, and is really strong. Without the name DC on it, you save $100.

Actually I bought one for a 2001 civic, but they're identical. And thats the same seller I got mine from.

Originally posted by DownTheHatch
    It's made of billet aluminum, and is really strong. Without the name DC on it, you save $100.

not really the clamps are not the same and it is not as thick as the DC one. We will see if they dont break over time. I dont know what kind of driving you do but i push my car to the limit under some really harsh turns so i need to know i have something that is not going to come loose. 12.99 for a lower tie bar yea it will work but you get what you pay for. if it even loosens up a little bit your not getting any benifit from it. I know tenzo sells cheap ones made of the same material and the crack all the time. It is fine enjoy your tie bar you got it for really cheap and it should work fairly well. And get your HP header too those should work well for you as well i will pay a little more and get a specific header made for my EP3 you go get the one for the RSX yea it fits and it's cheap but you still get what you pay for.

cool thanks. i can't wait. as for buying the cheap stuff, i figure i have neglected my car for so long now i just want to buy something for it. if it breaks, fuck it, at least i didn't take a huge hit. dc tie bars can break too if you push it hard enough, then again if you are breaking tie bars it isn't the tie bar that's the problem. i will probably go with a name brand if it breaks, but if it doesn't then sweet. besides some guy has a tein full coilover setup and no name brand strut/tie bars and he stands by them, could just be the teins, who knows. i really dig the dc strut bars right now, they look good.

ephatch member
    DC sports...hahaha...they make crappy tie bars too...all they are is show material...go ahead and do the test, bend it with your hands...it wont hurt it if you dont try too hard, no tie bar should ever bend with the force you provide with your hands...thats why you should really go with something quality, such as comptech or mugen, or spoon...even though its more, you know you'll never have to replace it..just my 2 cents

Holding Monster says: dustinhurley's Avatar
    That is true. I've had a couple DC bars in the past and they are pretty much show. They are easy to bend. You can feel the difference, but I think there are better bars out there. However, that new DC titanium stuff looks mean!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information