Close

Hondata K20a3 Flash

Hey... im bout to flash my ECU and while I was reading up on it, it states it raises the rev limiter to 7700 rpm. Is it safe to run it all the way up to 7700 or do I need to make some other upgrades before i take off and do this? Any help would be greatly apreciated :(

Hey...sorry to jack your thread, but I saw you were in Houston. We are having a meet this Friday (Feb 13th) at UH at 4pm... There is a thread in the Local>Texas Section about the meet...do you think you could come?
    About the Hondata, people have mixed feelings on the raised rev limiter issue. Basically, its about valve springs...but if you don't take it up often and don't misshift during high rpms, you shouldn't have that big of a problem. Some of us, are weary though, thus...I don't have hondata.
    But, come to our meet! Maybe someone there will have hondata and you can talk to them!
    The Original Noob with Boobs

Re: Hondata K20a3 Flash

Originally posted by toSi_orNot_toSi
    Hey... im bout to flash my ECU and while I was reading up on it, it states it raises the rev limiter to 7700 rpm. Is it safe to run it all the way up to 7700 or do I need to make some other upgrades before i take off and do this? Any help would be greatly apreciated :(
    the stock internals can safely handle 7700 rpm. but as with anything, the more you push it, the more susceptible your engine will be to damage. there are several Hondata reflash owners here who have not had any problems.

I believe that you can get the flash with out the increase of revs.

Originally posted by Gasp23
    I believe that you can get the flash with out the increase of revs.
    why would anyone do that? that's plain dumb.

with the increased rev limit you can hit 60mph in 2nd gear:)

If I had hondata I would abuse the car terribly. That is the main reason I haven't purchased it yet. I will get hondata when the time comes to upgrade the complete drivetrain, cams included.

car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    Haha I go past the redline maybe once a day. It's just a completely different feeling to the car, more low end tq, smoother powerband...I even noticed better gas mileage. Almost like they increased the displacement. I even think it sounds better...my friends said it sounds more like the type S, more n/a tunage.

Ive heard nothing about any problems except the price

Havent had any probs with mine.

This thread is simply shy of retribution. It is the shit. Buy it or live wanting it.;)

Originally posted by Btrthnezr3
    Hey...sorry to jack your thread, but I saw you were in Houston. We are having a meet this Friday (Feb 13th) at UH at 4pm... There is a thread in the Local>Texas Section about the meet...do you think you could come?
    About the Hondata, people have mixed feelings on the raised rev limiter issue. Basically, its about valve springs...but if you don't take it up often and don't misshift during high rpms, you shouldn't have that big of a problem. Some of us, are weary though, thus...I don't have hondata.
    But, come to our meet! Maybe someone there will have hondata and you can talk to them!

What time and where exactly at UH is the meet...

As for all the other info... its much apreciated... laytar!

Thread Information