Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    yeah that makes better since, I gotcha now

Radio codes without having to get radio serial number!

Quote Originally Posted by EP3driver View Post
    The codes are assigned by the serial number on the radio. I would think that the Honda website will ask for that and maybe the VIN of the car to give you the code.
    I found out that if you call the customer Honda toll free number you can get the code WITHOUT having to get to the radio serial number.
    In fact, if you power up the radio at the same time you press the 1 and 6 pre set buttons, it will give you two number codes. Your radio code is a combination of those codes. I would have to re run the procedure to figure how the combination works as I obtained my code while reading those numbers to the guy at Honda over the phone and could not write them down.

Quote Originally Posted by EP3driver View Post
    I found out that if you call the customer Honda toll free number you can get the code WITHOUT having to get to the radio serial number.
    In fact, if you power up the radio at the same time you press the 1 and 6 pre set buttons, it will give you two number codes. Your radio code is a combination of those codes. I would have to re run the procedure to figure how the combination works as I obtained my code while reading those numbers to the guy at Honda over the phone and could not write them down.
    The two number codes combined make up your radio's serial number....
    I put the phat in Ephatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoop View Post
    The two number codes combined make up your radio's serial number....
    Yeah I know, but how do they combine to make up the code is what I do not know...

you have to enter the code into a program and it spits out the code, i work at honda...give the numbers and ill give you the radio code tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    you have to enter the code into a program and it spits out the code, i work at honda...give the numbers and ill give you the radio code tomorrow
    I already got the code from the Honda guy over the phone, I guess he has a program where he entered the numbers to give me the code. Is the dealer able to do that if I brought those two numbers to the service folks?

you mean the techs? if they are nice they will...everyone has a log in who works at honda

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    you mean the techs? if they are nice they will...everyone has a log in who works at honda
    cool

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information