Originally posted by EPHatchgirl
Eric,
From what I understand- Boost Junkie, correct me if I am wrong...-

The boost is monitored to determine the proper air/fuel ratio, so instead of the ECU being told:
"I am at 3000 rpm, so I have to dump 10% extra fuel"

like it would for an SAFCII, with the Guardian it would be told:

"I am at 2.5 PSI at 3000 rpm, so I have to dump X fuel to retain X A/F ratio...."

...and as the turbo spools up, adjustments are made to keep you in that "X" A/F ratio....

I guess...

:p :D

Had to take a stab at it though... now, someone correct me.
I'll give you an A for effort.

Ok here is what is going on basically. Guardian takes readings from many sensors not just one. Guardian will then take into account all the information and make a decision based on that information. Throttle position and boost are just some of which the system monitors.

esmith- The S-AFC is basically a dumb device. I do not mean it as it sucks I just mean that it can only do what the user input says to do. For instance, if you set the a/f to lean it will do it and you will probably blow the motor. It cannot think for itself and say, "Hey that is way to lean so lets add fuel". Guardian will do just that.

The system does so many different things that it is very hard to explain with out writing a book. But if anyone has anymore questions on it let me know and I will answer the best I can.