Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
    wow i need to win the lottery so i can get this. That is some impressive numbers

esmith nice avatar :D
    yeah, thanks for the hookup ;)

Eric

damn thats awesome. competition in the market is awesome for the consumer.

Wow. Just wondering two things how will are engine hold up to this? How will are trans and axels hold up?

Well, I can attest to it holding up. I have the current CN kit running at 9-10psi. My car is a daily driver - and i drive it HARD. I put 8,000mi on it in the 3 months it's been turbo'd so far with no issues...

Eric

"This week we took the computer and installed it on a stock Civic SI EP3. The car ran perfectly naturally aspirated on 550cc injectors."

so this guardian ei is good for any car... boosted or not??? i jus want that, no more need for dyno!!! lol

I'm sure you meant Cybernations record not a national record. Remember we're make 300wHP on Most-Wanted's ep3 hatch stock internals, stage 1 turbo with injectors and programmable ecu. Sounds like we're now comparing apples to apples.
    Last edited by SFPracing; 02-17-2004 at 07:58 AM.

as promising as those numbers are, without an LSD & slicks i doubt you'll break 13.5. and that makes me upset as a fellow ep owner. over 4.5k (with install) invested, and your still high-mid 13's. i guess thats 1.5-2 seconds off stock, butin the big view of car horsepower, we are still comming up a little short! :'(

keep on tuning honda lovers, well get there!!!! :D

-=-A.J.-=-

Is anyone else going over this Guardian unit?
    How in the world does it tune "automatically"? I can see it adjusting
    A/F on the basis of running lean/rich, but I think I'd rather have
    a tuner involved in the process. Hard for me to believe they bolt
    on the turbo kit and plug this in and away you go. Really want to
    hear/learn more about it.

SFPRacing, any word on when Most-Wanted is going to install his clutch?
    Want to see that thing run w/o a slipping clutch.

Andy, I agree with what you're saying. Sounds like a reflashed computer to me. :D

Most-Wanted's clutch went in yesterday along with his LSD. He's also removing the factory catalytic converter today. As soon as it's broken in, he's going to head back to the track. With how horribly bad the clutch was slipping before and running 13.8@110 the car should run easy 12's with proper short times.
    Last edited by SFPracing; 02-17-2004 at 09:01 AM.

ephatch member
    Sorry to bug in so what are the asking prices for a full kit for cn and sfp??? I am trying to figure out a way to get some money together... because i will be going down to florida either way for the kit/installation.

thanks,

JON

First, what is the "piggy-back program"? is that just the Guardian or something else?

and what is this Gaurdian? is it a visual controller that sits in the cockpit, an ECU upgrade.. or what? does this replace the APEX'i SAFC?

oh and where can we find these? heh thanks

those are some niiiice numbers;) what is that like about 85% power increase, give or take a few WOW:D
    Last edited by 03CivicSi; 02-17-2004 at 12:20 PM.

ephatch member

Talking Your getting closer!

Congrats on the new number's CN. Competetion is fierce around here. But, SFP and I still have the record and that's with the cat in place(297.1hp/245tq@9.8psi).

Andy- As SFP replied, the car is waiting to be picked up tonight. I'll do a casual 500 miles for the clutch break-in and to the track we go. I'm also going to re-run it on the dyno. With a good clutch and no cat I'm hoping for about 310whp.

OK, I spoke to CN on my own behalf :D to find out what's up with this Guardian thingie...

In a nutshell, it is used instead of a S-AFC. It is not a reflach of your ECU. It is a seperate box custom made by CN's techies. It is a piggyback in the exact same fashion as the S-AFC is in that is adjusts fuel based on the stock ECU's fuel map.

Imagine if they made a S-AFC III... And it was capable of reading tempature, a/f ratio, knock, and other things already monitored by the ECU and change the fuel adjustment ON THE FLY just like an AFC can, but automated by computer instead of by hand.

This box will be "adjustable" in general by hooking up a laptop to your car for basic setup like telling it what PSI you are running so if can plug in safe/rich values for the first time you start the car and program itself as you drive from then on out.

There is also a good chance their will be two versions of this computer - one that has the added feature of RedLine increase.

Expected release is sometime between April and December of '04

... Guess it pays to be an existing customer. :D

Oh, that reminds me. I was told it would cost me $300-$500 to purchace JUST the guardian box to install on my car so I can rip out the AFC. I am GUESSING that means like $300 for standard box and $500 for the one with the redline increase - but that is just me guessing. I make that assumption only because anything CN ever quoted me for in the past while in development they released for the quoted price or less, so giving me a range and knowing their may be 2 versions makes me believe this.

Will let you all know if I find out any more.

Eric

So you still need Black Magic?

Re: Your getting closer!

Originally posted by Most-Wanted
    Congrats on the new number's CN. Competetion is fierce around here. But, SFP and I still have the record and that's with the cat in place(297.1hp/245tq@9.8psi).

Andy- As SFP replied, the car is waiting to be picked up tonight. I'll do a casual 500 miles for the clutch break-in and to the track we go. I'm also going to re-run it on the dyno. With a good clutch and no cat I'm hoping for about 310whp.
    Cool, will be interested in the results. I drove down to Lonnie's
    shop the other day for some wheels, I think he has some pics of your
    car on his site.

Just for the record (pun intended), I think the title of this thread
    meant more along the lines of "new record for a Cybernation Stage I
    kit" than "the biggest baddest turbo kit around". Either way, cool
    to see what SFP/Cybernation are doing to these motors. Props to
    both.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information