Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Very very interesting.... :D :D

Originally posted by esmith13
    The only thing the ELF chip does is suppress CEL codes that should not be seen (like the presence of boost)and also acts as an O2 Simulator and MAF Simulator.

So in a CN setup (currently) you have:

Stock ECU - acts normally and swears the engine is completely stock.

ELF Chip - O2 Sim., MAF Sim and supress the Stock ECU's complaining about boost presence, rich fuel conditions, etc. ELF chip is a TEMPORARY flash module. When you first start the car it "flashes" the stock ECU to do it's bidding and then does absolutely nothing untill the car is turned off and then on again at which time it flashes the ECU again since it's flash isn't permenant. You could literally disconnect the ELF once your car is started and function normally.

S-AFC II - intercepts the stock ECU's fuel settings and modifies them on the fly to what is needed for the turbo/larger injectors to be happy and run at a good A/F ratio.

In the NEW setup they are working on you will have:

Stock ECU

Guardian EI

ELF Chip if not embeded in the Guardian Box

I can imagine EXACTLY how the Guardian works... If you've ever been involved in Dyno tuning your own car it very simple.

On the dyno, the car is driven under normal load. With the guardian you literally drive it.
    With the dyno and the guardian, you start with overly rich settings to be safe, and back out excess fuel as you tune to perfection.
    You continue to back out more fuel till you reach an optimum A/F ratio which is determined by a tailpipe sniffer on the dyno that is a wideband O2 sensor. This is the only part I haven't exactly figured out about the Guardian. Only thing I can think of is that the now defunct secondary O2 sensor on our car is good enough to determine the A/F ratio fairly accurately and the guardian uses that to tune with instead of how you use a wideband O2 sensor on a dyno. Maybe CN has a wideband sensor included with the new computer to swap out with the secondary O2 we have now???

It could work. Alls that means as while your driving with whatever it determines to be your current fuel map, it's always checking current performance at a specific RPM/Throttle position so it can update the fuel setting for the next time you hit that exact RPM/Throttle setting.

Think of it as this. Every time you get behind the wheel there is a computer dyno tuning your car. Everytime you touch the gas it's tuning. And the best part is it will be more accurate than a dyno. You get the fuel map set up based on the actual amount and tempature of air your car is breathing outside on the street versus what it gets in the shop on the dyno with fans set up to "emulate" the air forced across the IC and the air accessable by the intake filter.

I'm getting all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it....

Eric
    If all that is correct, then this ELF is the most amazing thing I have ever heard of.

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    The ELF chip that we have now??? or do you mean the Guardian thingy - the item that's not released yet??

Eric

Doesnt the ECU use the o2 sensor as a knock sensor already? So mabey the guardian momentarily leans the mix until the knock sensor registers then richens the mix to compensate. Yes? Mabey? Totally Off?

Nope. there is an actual dedicated Knock sensor bolted to the underside of the intake manifold.

On a completely stock car, the secondary O2 sensor's job is simply to make sure the Cat did it's job right and let the ECU know it.

Eric

K, i'll just shut up now :blushm:

Originally posted by esmith13
    The ELF chip that we have now??? or do you mean the Guardian thingy - the item that's not released yet??

Eric

Oops... I meant the Guardian.

From Cybernation:
    ">So will the Guardian be available as a stand-alone unit?
    >Will it also be able to adjust redline based on user input?
    >If so, sounds a hell of a lot better than Hondata and I
    >would be very interested in getting this for my basically
    >stock car, EP3 not RSX.

Yes, stand-alone unit is apart of the future as well as a user based GUI."

GUI, sounds a lot like the upcoming programmable hondata. Holy crap this is going to be cool!

nice find! where did you get that info from? club rsx?

Eric

yes, and the not upgrading your fuel system is going to better for us, right?

Better in terms of cheaper kit, faster/cheaper to install kit. And one think I don't like about my install you won't have... The faint smell of fuel from the MSD inline fuel pump added to the engine bay. Which also means no priming the fuel system before starting the car either now...

Hmmm... if i get a guardian... maybe I'll remove my inline pump...

Eric

Originally posted by 03CivicSi
    yes, and the not upgrading your fuel system is going to better for us, right?
    That is correct. You will be able to have a stage I with out adding an inline pump, the extra fuel lines and in tank modifications. The only mod in the fuel system required is the larger injectors. This will help make the kit less expensive and easier to install.

Are you by chance a Cybernation employee?? :D

Eric

Why yes, yes I am.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information