Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    Bite me Jersey boy... ;)

Eric

Lol, POST WHORE! jk haha

Originally posted by esmith13
    Are you by chance a Cybernation employee?? :D

Eric
    yes. I work with lee on all the R&D we do.

:D

My new best friend... :D :D :D

So how do i get on that "list of hopefuls" for the guardian testing?? The AFC is nice and all, but I want the bonus of self adjusting on the fly... And I'm not afraid to tinker with my car.

... And I'm curious if it can squeeze out more than the 267WHP I'm makin now... ;)

Eric
    Last edited by esmith13; 02-23-2004 at 05:03 PM.

we also want to know if I can get a friendly discount on a new Stage I package with Guardian EI?;) ;)

:D

My new best friend... :D :D :D

So how do i get on that "list of hopefuls" for the guardian testing?? The AFC is nice and all, but I want the bonus of self adjusting on the fly... And I'm not afraid to tinker with my car.

... And I'm curious if it can squeeze out more than the 267WHP I'm makin now... ;)

Eric
    I have started a new thread for those who are interested.Guardian Test Pilots Wanted

Originally posted by 03CivicSi
    we also want to know if I can get a friendly discount on a new Stage I package with Guardian EI?;) ;)
    :D I'll give you an A for effort.

So if I understood all this right, I could buy the Guardian EI (when its released) and it should be able to auto tune my N/A Hondata ECU.

Think of it this way, whats the difference if my flashed ECU tells it something different than stock... Isn't that exactly what a turbo would be telling your ECU (non stock values)... it should correct it either way, right? Am I way off base here?

Whether its N/A, JRSC, Hondata Flash, Turbo, Whatever... the Guardian should still do its thing.

If this is true/possible, I already have my redline higher and I can buy the cheaper Guardian when it ships and be "ready" to get FI without ever needing to sell my hondata ecu and go through the immobilizer hassle.
    Last edited by trk; 02-24-2004 at 05:41 PM.

Originally posted by trk
    So if I understood all this right, I could buy the Guardian EI (when its released) and it should be able to auto tune my N/A Hondata ECU.

Think of it this way, whats the difference if my flashed ECU tells it something different than stock... Isn't that exactly what a turbo would be telling your ECU (non stock values)... it should correct it either way, right? Am I way off base here?

Whether its N/A, JRSC, Hondata Flash, Turbo, Whatever... the Guardian should still do its thing.
    We have not tested it with hondata as of yet. I am sure that it will work to a degree but there could be some unseen issues.

Originally posted by trk
    If this is true/possible, I already have my redline higher and I can buy the cheaper Guardian when it ships and be "ready" to get FI without ever needing to sell my hondata ecu and go through the immobilizer hassle. [/B]
    You can re-flash the ECU back to stock. That would save you the trouble of selling it and reprogramming the immobilizer code. We are also working on increasing the rev limiter and a bunch of other cool things.

Originally posted by Boost Junkie
    We have not tested it with hondata as of yet. I am sure that it will work to a degree but there could be some unseen issues.

You can re-flash the ECU back to stock. That would save you the trouble of selling it and reprogramming the immobilizer code. We are also working on increasing the rev limiter and a bunch of other cool things.
    Interesting. Are you planning on testing it w/ Hondata? Want to beta test it on my car? Ill even pay for it and only want my money back if it doesn't work.... :angel:

AS for flashing back to normal... I would have to pay to do that from Hondata.... or just throw the $500 in the trash by having a honda dealer unknowingly update/flash it back to normal. I would rather sell it and then pay for immobilizer transfer and just buy the guardian that increases redline.

So when "do you think" its going to be available?

Im also very interested in how this will work with hondata. Ive been following this thread closely and this sounds like an amazing device that has the potential to drastically change tuning if whats said is true. Please keep us updated as things progress. :)

Originally posted by trk
    Interesting. Are you planning on testing it w/ Hondata? Want to beta test it on my car? Ill even pay for it and only want my money back if it doesn't work.... :angel:

AS for flashing back to normal... I would have to pay to do that from Hondata.... or just throw the $500 in the trash by having a honda dealer unknowingly update/flash it back to normal. I would rather sell it and then pay for immobilizer transfer and just buy the guardian that increases redline.

So when "do you think" its going to be available?

The dealer can flash it back to stock for you with out a problem. We have had people do it in the past.

Originally posted by Boost Junkie
    The dealer can flash it back to stock for you with out a problem. We have had people do it in the past.
    yes, I know that... as stated in the post above it would be like throwing 500$ away...

So, again, I will ask the question... Are you planning on testing it with Hondata?

Seriously, if you send me one, Ill give you my CC #, and if it doesn't work I'll send it back. If it does, you can charge my card for the full retail price. We both win that way.

Well, you'd be throwing the $500 away anyways...

If CN's box raises revs - your done. Hondata just leans out fuel to gain HP. You are taking over control of fuel with guardian. and if it raises revs - that's done too. So how would running one on top of the other make you feel better???

Eric

Well, you'd be throwing the $500 away anyways...

If CN's box raises revs - your done. Hondata just leans out fuel to gain HP. You are taking over control of fuel with guardian. and if it raises revs - that's done too. So how would running one on top of the other make you feel better???

Eric
    No, actually, I wouldn't be. I could buy the "cheaper" guardian without the recline increaser... and still have a higher redline. Or I could sell it first. So NO, I wouldn't be "throwing the $500 away anyway" as you infer. Im just trying to weigh my options.

I still want to know (and is all I wanted to know) if they are *planning* on testing it with hondata... a simple yes, no or probably not would suffice.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information