Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Originally posted by EPHatchgirl
    Eric,
    From what I understand- Boost Junkie, correct me if I am wrong...-

The boost is monitored to determine the proper air/fuel ratio, so instead of the ECU being told:
    "I am at 3000 rpm, so I have to dump 10% extra fuel"

like it would for an SAFCII, with the Guardian it would be told:

"I am at 2.5 PSI at 3000 rpm, so I have to dump X fuel to retain X A/F ratio...."

...and as the turbo spools up, adjustments are made to keep you in that "X" A/F ratio....

I guess...

:p :D

Had to take a stab at it though... now, someone correct me.
    I'll give you an A for effort.

Ok here is what is going on basically. Guardian takes readings from many sensors not just one. Guardian will then take into account all the information and make a decision based on that information. Throttle position and boost are just some of which the system monitors.

esmith- The S-AFC is basically a dumb device. I do not mean it as it sucks I just mean that it can only do what the user input says to do. For instance, if you set the a/f to lean it will do it and you will probably blow the motor. It cannot think for itself and say, "Hey that is way to lean so lets add fuel". Guardian will do just that.

The system does so many different things that it is very hard to explain with out writing a book. But if anyone has anymore questions on it let me know and I will answer the best I can.

Originally posted by Boost Junkie
    I'll give you an A for effort.

LOL, I'ma go put it on my fridge to show off.;) :D

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    Thanks for the explanation Chris!! (and you too Jules for the effort! ;))

That is just mind numbing... I all most find it impossible to believe that the stock sensors and a piggyback can compute all that info and not be "after the fact" in it's manner of completing it's task...

Then again - is that how it works???

In other words - does it have a given saved map - use that fuel value - THEN read the sensors and make an adjustment and SAVE it in the map for th next time that instance is experienced?? Or does it litterly read an instance in THAT VERY INSTANT and supply the correct amount of fuel? I ind it hard to believe it does it instantaneously, since it is a piggyback and dosen't get the stock fuel map untill it NEEDS to be transmitted to the injectors... Unless guardian is somehow wired in "earlier" in the loop??

I may be reading into this WAY too far -- but you said we could ask. :D

Eric

Originally posted by esmith13

Picture this. You run the turbo kit either with the cat left on or get the test pipe flanged so you can swap out pipe and cat on a whim. You drive the balls outta your car - then inspection time comes. You simply make sure cat is installed (if you don't keep it permenantly) and you unbolt you BOV so no psi can build up at all. Take the car out for a 5 min drive and guardian will rewrite your fuel map for you new N/A status!! Go pass emissions and rebolt the BOV back on and remove cat (if your not keeping it permenantly). That's it!!!

This is one of the many OTHER benifits to having guardian over any other fuel management setup! ;)
    Eric
    More or less what I was asking was if the kit will pass emissions testing "AS-IS" without using any tricks to get around the law. I know the kit isn't "CARB" legal but that doesn't mean it won't pass emissions.

Best I can tell you is if it's dyno tuned WELL it would pass PA emissions EXCEPT I have no cat so I fail before they even put the car on the machine... I thought ALL states that had emissions testing had an instant fail if you don't have a cat??

Eric

Originally posted by esmith13
    Thanks for the explanation Chris!! (and you too Jules for the effort! ;))

That is just mind numbing... I all most find it impossible to believe that the stock sensors and a piggyback can compute all that info and not be "after the fact" in it's manner of completing it's task...

Then again - is that how it works???

In other words - does it have a given saved map - use that fuel value - THEN read the sensors and make an adjustment and SAVE it in the map for th next time that instance is experienced?? Or does it litterly read an instance in THAT VERY INSTANT and supply the correct amount of fuel? I ind it hard to believe it does it instantaneously, since it is a piggyback and dosen't get the stock fuel map untill it NEEDS to be transmitted to the injectors... Unless guardian is somehow wired in "earlier" in the loop??

I may be reading into this WAY too far -- but you said we could ask. :D

Eric
    I would love to be able to be specific any time I can but some of these questions I cannot answer until the product is released for the general public. I do not want to give any information that may tip off our competition. But I can say "Do not underestimate the dark side of th......" oh wait, wrong line, I meant do not underestimate the speed at which the stock ECU and sensors can process information. You would be amazed at how fast the ECU can function.

Originally posted by Boost Junkie
    I would love to be able to be specific any time I can but some of these questions I cannot answer until the product is released for the general public. I do not want to give any information that may tip off our competition. But I can say "Do not underestimate the dark side of th......" oh wait, wrong line, I meant do not underestimate the speed at which the stock ECU and sensors can process information. You would be amazed at how fast the ECU can function.
    :D :D :D

I have goose bumps!!!

I hope my piss poor ass get's picked to beta test... I don't think I could stand waiting a few months for it's release or to scrape up the $$ to buy...

Eric

It seems very bad ass, especially if the ecu/guardian can process fast enough to keep adjusting for air/fuel sort of how our I-vtec works to adjust changeover point. Would like to see how much better it works then the rev hard fc piggyback.

Boost-

I have been folowing this thread for a bit and it all looks very good. I will be installing my Greddy turbo within the next 2 weeks (I already have the trubo kit) I live in colorado springs (elev. approx 6800 feet). I would be very interested in trying this kit out and if it works well, would have no problem putting a sticker representing the company on my car. Thanks!

--Tom

PS PM me if you want more info about my car and my future plans with it.

Amazing

I was on vacation 2 weeks ago and i stopped in and talked to the guys at Cybernation (all very nice!!!) They took me for a ride in their si with the Gaurdian system, all I can say is just stop asking questions and just buy it when it comes out. The ride was incredible.
    You seriously can not blow your car up with this, no matter how stupid you are. GREAT WORK GUYS

Re: Amazing

Originally posted by matt02222222
    I was on vacation 2 weeks ago and i stopped in and talked to the guys at Cybernation (all very nice!!!) They took me for a ride in their si with the Gaurdian system, all I can say is just stop asking questions and just buy it when it comes out. The ride was incredible.
    You seriously can not blow your car up with this, no matter how stupid you are. GREAT WORK GUYS

I'm glad you enjoyed the ride.;)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information