Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Progress FRONT sway = knocks?

I installed my Progress front sway bar yesterday. Makes the car handle so much nicer. I've got the progress rear sway bar as well, along w/ the Neuspeed front/rear tower bars. I'm just waiting for D3 Designs to call me so I can pick up my double X-brace. ANYHOW, for those w/ the front sway, I noticed that there's about 1" or so clearance between the A-arm (I think that's what it's called) and the bar. When I go over speed bumps or up driveways, it knocks. Does this happen to all of you? Thanks in advance.

Paul

hmmm not sure, i know there is minimal clearance around the header/cat..but i have no knocking

I forgot to specify that the knocking comes from the A-arms, not where the cat is.

I've got the Progress front and rear as well, although no stb, and I haven't heard any knocking.

No knocking from my Progress front sway (ever). Try to loosen the clamps and slide that bad boy over some. I don't remember if "centered" is ideal as the mounting positions may be unequal from left to right. Good Luck.

Originally posted by EP33
    I don't remember if "centered" is ideal as the mounting positions may be unequal from left to right.
    Shit that's probably my problem then... We adjusted everything so that it is centered. You think this is my issue? Thanks.

Paul

So I jacked the car up yesterday afternoon and there's very little play as far as adjusting the bar. I still get the knocks when going up driveways/speed bumps so I guess I'll have to call progress today.

Paul

please post results for other ephatch members in case they run across this same situation... thanks

&^%@#!"

Damn that sucks dude. I hate little stupid sheet like that.

What side is the bar knocking on? PM your email address and I can send a digital pic of what my bar looks like if that'll help.....

Both sides... I'll pm you my email... The pics will help alot... Thanks

Paul

Well i called Progress and they said it COULD be bad endlinks... I doubt it's the a-arms cuz when I jacked it up, I couldn't see any marks/dents where it would be hitting... could be the b-pipe like EP33 said in his PM or the fact that I am dropped on H&R's... The only issue that Progress heard about is the fact that the wrong part number (in terms of the bar) was used and was hitting the cat.... The noise i'm hearing, however, is from the shock/strut area.... I'm gonna observe closer where EXACTLY it's coming from...

Paul

When you tightened the bolts on the endlinks to the sway bar, was the car jacked up or on ramps? According the service manual you should load the suspension with the car's weight before tighntening the bolts.

really!?!?!?!? i gotta figure out a way cuz obviously the front's to low to get under w/out jacks.... thanks for the fyi bsdbytes

paul

Sup

Well I am done with work for a few days. How are things going with the front sway? I plan on getting under my car tomorrow, you want the measurements from clamps to endlinks?

I paid more attention to the knockin and it sounds like it's coming from above the cat... Like I said before, progress said this is due to the wrong part number... Something I'll have to live with I guess...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information