Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Unicron loves the shocker seattlecivic's Avatar

04 Si suspension

HOT FIND, eh!? :-) Not for me though, I have Tein Basics...

anyone looking to upgrade your ride with the upgraded suspension of the 2004.. here you go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2460883403

damn, for .99 you can't beat it! But they look exactly like my 2003's suspension sitting in the garage. How come they look the same if they are different? ^_^:angel:

can u si
    isn't the 04's like one inch lower than 02&03's? If so, then I'm hopping on these:D

Price will go up eventually..

As far as I know, base 04 suspension is the same as 02-03 suspension. It's the HFP that's lower and stiffer.

Originally posted by danoonez
    As far as I know, base 04 suspension is the same as 02-03 suspension. It's the HFP that's lower and stiffer.
    No. I'm pretty sure the '04 Si is lower than the previous 02-03 Si's, stock.

Originally posted by FCobra94
    No. I'm pretty sure the '04 Si is lower than the previous 02-03 Si's, stock.
    I think the added height of the sideskirts is the difference in ground clearance.

work then mod
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's exactly the same. 04's look lower because of 55 series 16" wheels. Can someone confirm this for sure?

ephatch member
    In order to get the 1" lowered suspension for the 02-04 si you have to buy the whole FP package which is $4500. You can't even buy the suspension separate according to my local Honda dealer. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Unicron loves the shocker seattlecivic's Avatar
    Did someone bid on here bid on them? I am curious to know if they are the same or not.

Originally posted by icegrill
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's exactly the same. 04's look lower because of 55 series 16" wheels. Can someone confirm this for sure?
    the 205/55/16 tires have a larger overall diameter by almost 3/4" of an inch. only about half of that goes towards reducing wheel gap. anyone with an 04 have fender to hub measurements?

Well, I'm not sure if it was just a rumor, as I did read this in the Rumor Mill ;) but most seem to have heard a 0.4" drop was seen in the '04 Si's.

I guess we'll just have to wait for someone to measure theirs up before we can honestly say for sure though :p

well I know that the 04 has 2 finger fender-wheel gap, where as the 03 comes with 4 fingers stock. Meaning it has about an inch less wheelgap than the older EP3s.

the larger wheels and tires account for barely any of this difference (do the calculation). I'm puzzled as to what could cause this difference in wheelgap.

the ep is so mysterious.

the rims are 16s on the 04 si's i believe. or at least it's an option if not standard. and so that's why the suspension is 'lower'.

hmm ... according to Honda's Web site, the 04 sits about the same height as the 02-03. meaning with 16" wheels and new rubber (larger diameter), the suspension would have to be lowered a bit. but i'm guessing the COG remains about the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information