Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fiber Images Lip Kit has arrived!!!

well, i was about to go crazy, when the freight guy called my house and asked for directions, i jumped like a little school girl... and awaited the lost freight driver. when it arrived, i shredded the box to pieces and i almost cried at the sight of the perfectly made carbon fiber pieces. so it gets installed tomorrow... along with my rims/springs/sway/tie bar... so i will have pics definitely.

wow thats killa! def post pics :D

Re: Fiber Images Lip Kit has arrived!!!

Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
    well, i was about to go crazy, when the freight guy called my house and asked for directions, i jumped like a little school girl... and awaited the lost freight driver. when it arrived, i shredded the box to pieces and i almost cried at the sight of the perfectly made carbon fiber pieces. so it gets installed tomorrow... along with my rims/springs/sway/tie bar... so i will have pics definitely.
    Yeah... like the other guy said ^... post some pics and stop torturing us 'omes!!!:D

it is going on today... sometime in the afternoon... the place where i am getting it done wont let me go in the back to take pictures, so im gonna see if they will take some for me, they are really cool guys. IM SO EXCITED. my car is going from pretty much stock (aem V2 and magnaflow) to rims/lip kit/drop/rear sway/tie bar/konis... its crazy.

ephatch member
    Congrats to you !!! This is the kit i am looking to purchase for my ep . How was the packaging of the kit componenets , was it packaged securely and with lots of protective stuffing etc .

I ask because my kit will be shipping to me here in Ontario Canada , just want to ensure it gets here with no shipping damage etc .

I love the F.I. lip kit--carbon fiber rocks!! I was wondering if you auto-x at all. . .I know 02SilverSiHB has the same lip kit (I think???) and has acquired some serious scratches. I'm just wondering if you're worried about it if you autocross. That's what holds me back from getting the cf lipkit.

chet... no i dont autocross... just a daily driver, and i PM'd 02silversihb... and he said i shouldnt have to worry about it too much, of course im still gonna be careful. and to the other post... the shipping wasnt full of foam peanuts or whatever, but the kit itself was wrapped in shrink wrap stuff and then covered in bubble wrap in some areas. it is shipped freight so its not like the delivery guy is going to be throwing it around... and i had it shipped to florida, so that is a longer distance i believe cuz it comes from up north. it comes from fiber images... not from where you order it from. i cant wait. i just found out my car wont be out of the shop til monday cuz of fedEx screwing up the shipping stuff.

Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
    chet... no i dont autocross... just a daily driver, and i PM'd 02silversihb... and he said i shouldnt have to worry about it too much, of course im still gonna be careful. and to the other post... the shipping wasnt full of foam peanuts or whatever, but the kit itself was wrapped in shrink wrap stuff and then covered in bubble wrap in some areas. it is shipped freight so its not like the delivery guy is going to be throwing it around... and i had it shipped to florida, so that is a longer distance i believe cuz it comes from up north. it comes from fiber images... not from where you order it from. i cant wait. i just found out my car wont be out of the shop til monday cuz of fedEx screwing up the shipping stuff.
    Excellent, I can't wait to see pics.

ephatch member
    Damn , we got to wait a little longer !!

Hey , 03 EP ! Just what did the FedEx people mess up with in regards to the shipping of the kit ? Are you missing something ?

I want this kit also , my only concern is that shipping gets it to me in one piece !

no... they messed up shipping my front struts, which were supposed to be overnighted, cuz they sent the wrong size first, so the shop had already cut my stock strut housing... so my car cant go anywhere due to no struts in the front!! (go figure)... so it will be out of the shop on monday. the fedex guy came by the shop three hours early, so the shop wasnt open yet!

ephatch member
    Oh my god , what a pain in the ass !!! Well , take heart they are on the way !!

How does the kit look , is the quality 100% ?

oh my... the QUALITY... the quality is exquisite. the carbon fiber is flawless, no wrinkles, waves, nothing at all. it is awesome. when i took it into the garage at the shop my car is chillin in... one of the guys that does my work asked where i got it, when i told him fiber images made it he said the following: "HELL YEAH... thats what im talking about... QUALITY!"... this guy had a b20 (with every internal mod you can do to it) in his 99 EX coupe... and now he is swappin it into an EG (he beat corvettes in his coupe!), and on the side building what he calls a 'poor mans type R'... which is a turbo LS with some major type r internals and what not.

ephatch member
    hey man i need pics

its useless how you say all the good shits bout your kit without pix. post some pix man.

btw, congrats. ;)

im working on it. ive got my car back, but i had to take it into a different body shop that can put the sideskirts on correctly. so i will get it out of the shop later today. ill try to get some pics. its like a freakin hurricane down here, so the pics will most likely be dark and rainy. SO EVERYBODY CHILL!!!!!;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information