Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greddy Dyno #'s

Re: greddy kit

Originally posted by SiGuy
    Wow! Great numbers! Was that the Greddy kit that goes for about 2500 bucks? How bad was the install? I've been trying to decide between a jrsc, A2 swap, or a k24a2 swap. But if that Greddy is putting down 230 for abut 2500 bucks, I'm sold.
    His setup is a little more expensive than $2500. To me, Greddy vs. JR is simple. There are no dynos of a supercharged K20A3 making the horsepower that the turbo cars are doing. Greddy is your choice my fellow ephatch member.

ephatch member

greddy dyno #'s

Yeah, after a little more research I think I'm gonna go with the k24a2. I'm getting free instillation from a certified honda master tech. He's itching to build a k series, and with the k24 block, a2 head, aftermarket rods and pistons I'm looking at around 2500 dollars, not to mention more power.

It's better to be fast, than to look fast.

Re: greddy dyno #'s

Originally posted by SiGuy
    He's itching to build a k series, and with the k24 block, a2 head, aftermarket rods and pistons I'm looking at around 2500 dollars, not to mention more power.

It's better to be fast, than to look fast.
    Not trying to take your moment but...the K24A2 swap vs. a boosted K20A3 is not a contest. I understand your "building" the internals but I just can foresee that much power being extracted from the K24 being NA. Prove me wrong :D

ephatch member

greddy dyno's

There is a guy who posts here( I can't remember who) but he claims putting down 217 whp, 205 trq I think, with a k24a2 with all stock parts. So with higher compression from rods and pistons, who knows 240whp? With free labor, 2500 dollars roughly. I plan on autocrossing so trq is very important to me, while turbo lag is not. Although my tech wants to boost this k24a2, that's really more power than I need. I'll post dyno #s when this day comes.

car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    Supercharge it....but most of the k24 + a2 head swapped (k24a2 is the tsx motor i believe?) motor's have been in the low 180-190whp range, but w/ much more tq and a much broader powerband. I still can't get over hasport's s/c'd 2.4L ep, 260-270ish whp...and on top of that they're rebuilding it w/ slightly higher compression pistons

ephatch member
    I'm kinda leaning toward the greddy turbo since I've only got about 3k to work with. Good point about the k20a2 being the TSX motor, I never thought about it but you're probably right.

The TSX is a 2.4L and therefore I believe that the engine code is K24A maybe K24A2.

ephatch member
    It would make sense that they would use the a2 head.

I saw a couple of used turbo kits on ebay and was just wondering if its fine to buy preused boost. there was about 3500 miles put on it.
    -Navid

I saw a couple of used turbo kits on ebay and was just wondering if its fine to buy preused boost. there was about 3500 miles put on it.
    -Navid

Wow, those Greddy numbers are great. What I'm curious about is why ep_nezay was only getting 180-190 whp on his non-I/C setup? Does yours have a newer version of the e-manage calibration than his? If you can really get numbers like that from the basic Greddy kit, I'll definitely have to do that.

Originally posted by smilla0
    Wow, those Greddy numbers are great. What I'm curious about is why ep_nezay was only getting 180-190 whp on his non-I/C setup? Does yours have a newer version of the e-manage calibration than his? If you can really get numbers like that from the basic Greddy kit, I'll definitely have to do that.
    the elevation plays a small part in the numbers, also vtecnrg has an invidia exhaust, that probably helped a little too.;) what does the other non- I/C setup have other than the turb?

Not sure, but I think his was otherwise stock. I think ep_nezay was in cali at a lower elevation than vtecnrg. An exhaust and/or intake may help a little, but I have a hard time believing that it would create a 50 hp spread. The numbers I'm quoting are supposed to be his "bolt-on" runs before tuning. vtecnrg wasn't running a test pipe or anything, was he?

I'm wondering which set of numbers I could expect to get.

nope, no test pipe. and the greddy kit comes complete with the greddy arrinx intake. The guy that runs the dyno place we went to said something about the machine and how it corrects the hp numbers due to altitude, but I guess the turbo fights it or something...

I'm not sure exactly how it works but he said the number might be lower at a lower elevation.

Hmmm you would definately NOT make less power at a lower altitude.
    Think about the Pikes Peak Hillclimb, as the cars increase in elevation, the horsepower that they produce declines.

bhp loss = (elevation in feet/1000) x 0.03 x bhp at sea level

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information